My take on MINORITY REPORT!

augdawg2

F.U.2 Master
Feb 6, 2002
Dawgland
www.geocities.com
Hello folks,

Normally, I don't get too excited for Tom Cruise movies but on a whim I went to see Minority Report last night with some of my friends. I must say folks that this movie kicks ass! To my surprise, there is a pretty good plot twist, great special effects, and some pretty decent acting going on. A complete package, I was surprised to say the least. I won't give too much away, but I'm telling ya! It's like a cross between the firm and the Matrix. I highly recommend this flick folks if you checking out movies this week.

9 out of 10 for Minority Report

Cheerz,

AugDawg

I'm not a Cruise fan either, but I'm with Aug, Minority Report is a really kick ass movie. While movies are either very cerebral and make you think, or just chocked full of action and a whole lot of fun, this movie is both. The visuals are incredible, although Spielberg borrowed some imagery from Terry Gilliam's Brazil, but since nobody's seen Brazil he can get away with it. But all in all, it's difficult to find any flaws in this movie. It's Spielberg at the top of his game, with all the Phillip K. Dick paranoia still intact, and very few of the typical Tom Cruise cliches thrown in.

I'll go with Aug and give it 9 out of 10 stars....

j

I have liked most of Toms flicks after the Days of Gun and Cocktail stuff. Interview with a Vampire was good, MI 1&2 were good. Magnolia kicked ass, Vanilla Sky kicked ass, And Minority Report kicked ass.

Here's a story... went to see the film on vacation in Traverse City, MI. Bought the tix, got the 'corn, and went into screen 2 and as usual I was running a couple minutes late. Walk in and the movie is playing... "Jeez... what happened to the 20 minutes of previews??" Took my seat, and was completely lost. The dick whose primary function in life is to rip my ticket told me the wrong theater. So now I have seen the last 1:20-ish of the movie and had virtually no idea what the hell was up!!!!

DAMN!