My third video: Featuring Nikon Primes on a Canon 60d

Glen, awesome video.
How do you deal with the different camera positions, different scenes, etc... with a single camera? Do you shot the whole song many times from different angles and then cut them as you wanted?

Hi, Glenn.

How did you mount a Nikon lens on a Canon DSLR? For what I know, the mounting rings are totally different between these brands...

You can get a little adapter ring off ebay for $15-20. Just look up "Nikon to Canon adapter."

Ironically enough, the old Nikon lenses work better on the new Canons than the old Canon lenses (has to do with the mounting ring making the focal length correct.) The old Canon F series needs a extra lens to get the focus right & that pretty much kills the benefit of using an old prime, IMO.

Oh, that's simple, then. But I guess you lose any autofocus performance, isn't it?
Anyway, video with a DSLR doesn't support autofocus, right?

You can get a little adapter ring off ebay for $15-20. Just look up "Nikon to Canon adapter."

Ironically enough, the old Nikon lenses work better on the new Canons than the old Canon lenses (has to do with the mounting ring making the focal length correct.) The old Canon F series needs a extra lens to get the focus right & that pretty much kills the benefit of using an old prime, IMO.

It does support AF with Canon lenses (at least on the 5D Mark II) but it locks after you start filming and you have to adjust manually... using Nikon glass you lose all AF support

It does support AF with Canon lenses (at least on the 5D Mark II) but it locks after you start filming and you have to adjust manually... using Nikon glass you lose all AF support

You say it like that's a bad thing! I was trained to shoot totally manual, so all those extra features are pretty much useless to me anyway, making the AI primes a great choice. Besides, you don't rack focus with AF, you do it by hand :)