my thoughts on jon schaffer

Watch in awe as I do not care. :)

I personally don't give a damn what Jon is like, but that he is egotistical as all hell, is foolish to deny.

It's easier to judge people objectively when you don't know them personally. Jon may act cooler face-to-face, but his actions and public words are those of an egotistical, self-centered superpatriot. Comparision: If I'm good friends with a guy who then goes and shoots someone, I'm naturally going to defend him because the side of him I know is cool and all. But that doesn't change the fact that he shot someone and should be judged for what he did, not what he said.

I am irritated by the public face Jon presents, and the consistently lame music he's been producing.

Iridium–you forgot "The Hunter" & "Violate."

They both have good parts to them, but as whole songs, they do not appeal to me.

I don't want to get into too much Jon bashing here, because I think 'The Glorious Burden' is a very good album, with moments of excellence. The thing that raised my eyebrow is the fact that nearly every page of the booklet has 'Composed by Jon Schaffer' or 'Schaffer'.

Yes, we get it, you wrote most of the album! A simple 'All music written by Jon Schaffer except *' would have been sufficient. As it stands, it's absurd ego stroking. It's even on the back cover! And yes, he is very 'me' conscious in interviews. I guess that's one of the reasons I could never really get into them- although like I said, 'TGB' is a good album and Ripper Owens is a fucking awesome vocalist, Rob Halford or not.

As someone stated earlier, Iced Earth has released many albums, but their quality, original songs can barely fill one CD. Some bright spots exist on Dark Saga, but overall, their music is largely forgettable.....doesn't stand the test of time.

Iced Earth isn't much of anything anymore. They, and Jon, are irrelevant.

.Scissors. said:
This thread was always total shit. If you don't like Jon or his music, don't listen to it and don't post on these forums, god dammit!
That was me who posted that. She was logged in. And before you get into your holier than thou fucking righteous attitude I dont fucking see you contributing shit to this forum. Fuck you prick.

yeah guys, listen to Susperia instead, they are a lot better and you won't have a reason to complain about them :D

Iced In Flames said:
That was me who posted that. She was logged in. And before you get into your holier than thou fucking righteous attitude I dont fucking see you contributing shit to this forum. Fuck you prick.
Hooray, I'm a prick! Yeah, I know I don't post much on here but, whatever. I don't really care. I'm just sick of people complaining about bands. If you don't like them, don't listen to them!

You don't know what you're talking about. In most cases here, people used to love Iced Earth but they started to suck so much that we're pissed about it. So we like some of their songs, especially the old ones. But now, they just sound bland and generic. If I adopt your attitude I could say: if you're not happy with what we're saying here, then don't read the forums.

Exactly. I'm a huge Iced Earth fan. But something is really wrong now. Owens is 50/50 with the fans. Some like, some dont. And now its a joke with what is going on. NO ONE is staying in the band anymore. So that has to tell you soemthing about the one person who is the mainstay and has said before that everyone else is replaceable. Jon needs to get his head straight and learn that he needs talent around him to make great records and to write good songs. That is why this forum is negative right now.

Jon was nothing more than very gracious to me the two times I met him this spring, so I have nothing bad to say about the man. IE put on killers shows, and I love the vast majority of their catalog...I guess I'm in the minority on this board lol