My thoughts on the game

I wonder if it starts after Caesar's death in 44 B.C.? That would be pretty historically accurate. Even though there were no such things as the Brutii, Julii, or Scipii factions. Well maybe Scipii.

Or maybe right at the Marian reforms the civil war may start up.

Any which way I have no idea because I only play up to maybe 160 B.C. in the Roman campaign.

Theredintheskyisours said:
I wonder if it starts after Caesar's death in 44 B.C.? That would be pretty historically accurate. Even though there were no such things as the Brutii, Julii, or Scipii factions. Well maybe Scipii.

Or maybe right at the Marian reforms the civil war may start up.

Any which way I have no idea because I only play up to maybe 160 B.C. in the Roman campaign.

I'm gonna play it through and see what happens.

Ok i got up to the Marius Reforms, the game is now a walk over...my troups are far to good....its to easy. Also some of the computer AI really fucks me off, e.g. I was laying siege to the last gaul city, and there was a gallic army sitting just outside it, and instead of attacking my sieging army, it just sat there doing nothing. Seriously fucks me off....any decent patches out yet?

TB666 said:
The patch is on it's way.
The patch will have alot of AI improvments and hopefully gets rid of alot of bugs.

Lets hope so, another thing i've just noticed is...i've only been attacked once, and that was at the start of the game by the Gauls. I dont even need to bother with defence anymore - it's THAT easy. And seriously now...WHAT is with the enemy ship building.

Managed to complete with game with the Greek Cities the other week, very satisfying although it was on easy but meh lol. Such an awesome sight seeing thousands of armoured hoplites in phalanx formation, marging forward in a line with the thudding of their boots.

I want Shogun: Total war to be re-made with this engine, it'd be so cool to have thousands of 3D Samurai!

I managed to get to almost completion with the Brutii but then I made my move on Rome and as soon as I'd conquered it, I spiraled into debt and my armies could no longer be reinforced and eventually I was being crushed at most of my borders....had to delete that campaign

I think some one is making a shogun total war mod for Rome but not sure.
Well the greeks are pretty easy even on hard.
As long you keep your flanks protected no one can beat you except macedon and the other factions that have the longer spears but against rome and the others it is a piece of cake.