My top ten albums list

I do like the album, but it didn't grab me like Oceanic...but again, I still haven't given it a fair chance. I need to give it three or four more listens. now is as good a time as any to give it one more.

I think the new Isis is great, but it's not exceptional because it really doesn't take off too far from the greatness already explored in Oceanic.

speaking of top 10s, I can't believe how many people rank the latest Iron & Wine as one of the year's best. The debut was inspired, but I couldn't listen to the new one more than 2 or 3 times. It's so boring!

when you compare the debut the follow-up side by side, the contrast is just ridiculous. so for me to read so many lists with that on it just makes me saddened at the state of music journalism. there really was SO MUCH great music put out last year.

My top 10 (+15)

1. Apostle of Hustle - Folkloric Feel
2. Isis - Panopticon
3. Sondre Lerche - Two Way Monologue
4. Tortoise - It's All Around You
5. Magyar Posse - Kings of Time
6. Nick Cave - Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus
7. Enslaved - Isa
8. The Polyphonic Spree - Together We're Heavy
9. Motorpsycho - International Tussler Society
10. Machine Translations - Venus Traps Fly
11. Arovane - Lilies
12. Keane - Hopes and Fears
13. The Arcade Fire - Funeral
14. The Helio Sequence - Love and Distance
15. Air - Talkie Walkie
16. Muse - Absolution
17. Sparta - Porcelain
18. Rufus Wainwright - Want Two
19. Cult of Luna - Salvation
20. Faust vs Dalek - Derbe Respect Alder
21. Pineapple Thief - 12 Stories Down
22. The Robot Ate Me - On Vacation
23. Orphaned Land - Mabool
24. These Arms are Snakes - Oxeneers Or The Lion Sleeps When Its Antelope Go Home
25. Mastodon - Leviathan

IanDork must be the only dude on this board who likes TAAS!

I thought Leviathan was better than Panopticon. and that list reminded me I never picked up the latest Nick Cave.

not to be contrary, but I was disappointed with the latest Muse and Magyar Posse albums b/c I didn't they were as good as the ones before em. they were still good, though - I def agree with that.

I can agree with the Muse not being as good as the ones before, but I think Kings of Time is a huge step forward for Magyar Posse.