My top ten albums list

I agree with that to some extent. Kings of Time wasn't perfect, but I still think it was a lot better than the previous one, which only had a few songs that really blew me away.

I'm thinking I might have to add Mansun - Kleptomania to my list. I wasn't expecting much from it after the crappy third album, but the 11 songs from the fourth album sessions are amazing and the other two discs just make it an even better package.

I really dug Panopticon, but my top 10 was completed and published about 3 days before I realized how great that album was. Doh well.

Linky to Top 10 Funny, considering that I don't even like black metal very much. Also look for not one but TWO Kayo Dot mentions!

Yeah I didn't even know they were still around, then read a great review of the new one so I picked it up. Good stuff!

I'm really excited about the new Queens of the Stone Age album too. There's a new song in a video game I've been playing. It's really cool. The album should rule. And in that same month there're new ones from Doves, The Mars Volta and Porcupine Tree. March is going to rule.

yeah, i heard the really badly encoded leak of it already and despite the terrible sound quality it's obvious that the music is amazing. of course, any album by cool guys like them that only has 5 songs and clocks in at 77 minutes is awesome by default.

@ jake: i'm listening to malady now. it sounds really good, although the production is a bit muddy. these guys definitely have promise.

So jake, you still want a new writer for indie workshop? I left metalreview a few months ago cause I hardly listen to metal anymore and I'm itching to review some stuff.