My trip to Europe

GONE Ridin' Hood

Professor.
Jul 8, 2005
So, yesterday I got the most wonderful news:

I'm going to visit the Old Continent!!!

:) :loco: :Smokin: :kickass: :headbang: :Spin:

Apparently I'll be going on December or January, which makes it even better, because, as some people describe it. it's "awfully cold". LOL that makes me more excited to go (I love me cold if ye haven't noticed).

So, I'm hoping I can go alone :) , since my sister will be going too, but she wants to go to Italy and Greece and all that Mediterranean stuff. Which I like, yet I would obviously prefer to go to Scandinavia :) . So I hope I can get rid of her and go to teh north and drink :kickass: in a Norwegian bar/pub or something with a viking costume :headbang: :kickass: . (I'm seriously thinking of doing that).

Thuuuus, I really want to go to the following places: Sweden (duh), Norway, Finnland, Denmark (Lego Park GO!!!), Deutschland and Italy. The 1st 4 are obviously a priority 4 me :headbang: .

So, I was wondering if some of my internet lads ( :) ) could help me around those parts, and even better, if I could stay at someone's house. It'll really, really, really help me, since ye know, staying in Scandinavia is not cheap at all :ill: .

I remember a few months ago someone who's from Sweden posting that when I went there I could stay at his place..., don't rember who, I'll take a look around old threads.

So it'll really help me, not only monetarly speaking, but to get around, since I'll be with someone I more less know.

I also want to go to some konzerts, so please tell me which bands will be playing around those dates.

And, obviously, I plan to buy lots of cds (I'm saving since yesterday LOL), so if I stay with someone do take me to a good record store puleeez.

Oh and please tell me which places I should visit.

Thank you for your help in advance :) , I hope I can get to stay with someone.

Viele Grusse,

Daniel "LBRH" Josephy H.

^ Thanx :) .

Not to be rude, but could I stay at yer place hehe?

Oh, and it was Bastard Son of God the one that said I could visit him..., haven't seen him around here lately though. I'll send a PM to him.

i won't promise anything at this time, but it's not impossible. if you need a place in stockholm to stay when the date(s) are a bit more specific than "december or january", just let me know and i'll se how things look.

:) Thank you so so much :) :kickass: :headbang: .

Yeah, I really don't know the dates right now, but I posted everything quite before so I could know if someone could give me a plce to stay :lol: . Be sure that as soon as I know something new I'll post it.

Thanx again, it makes me really happy to know that I could stay at your place.

hey, you're going to make a wonderfull trip ! I went to Sweden and Denmark last year and the cheaper way to stay in there (if no one can greet you) is sleeping in camping or in those places for young between 16 and 26. it's about 15 euros a night but you need a special card to go here which costs about 10 euros. well, maybe camping in winter is not good idea but it's a solution!
ok, have a good stay in Scandinavia

atchoum said:
those places for young between 16 and 26. it's about 15 euros a night but you need a special card to go here which costs about 10 euros.

you mean youth hostels i guess:
here is a website
http://www.hihostels.com/

this is another one but for Germany
http://www.jugendherberge.de/

i have never slept in one of those, but a friend of mine told me that they usually offer common rooms so it means you have to share your room with people you dont know. I personally hate that .... but if you dont mind, it is nice because you meet people from all around the world

Dark_Silence said:
http://www.jugendherberge.de/

i have never slept in one of those, but a friend of mine told me that they usually offer common rooms so it means you have to share your room with people you dont know. I personally hate that ..

this is not exactly true. Most youth hostels have different kinds of rooms, like for 8, 4, or 2 people, and of course there are many visitors who arrive in groups, so that for them the larger rooms are an adequate solution. The smaller the amount of people in a room, the higher is the price per person. In many youth hostels they allow a single traveller to get a double room for him/herself at a higher price (like 20-40 Euros, depending on the country and whether it´s a big city or the countryside). The only thing you need to do is reserve in advance, so that you know for sure before arrival.

Except for some really crappy cases (Heidelberg - GER , Stockholm - The Red Boat - SWE, and Strasbourg - F), the youth hostels I´ve seen have all been okay to very nice, and in large cities, it´s really a good place to stay. And LBRH, you can get a Youth Hostel Card at the YH themselves, so no need to worry about buying from abroad.

Hmmm the hostel stuff seems quite good, because it's not pricy at all. I guess you have to share the showers too? I've never done that... (being a hostel, not sharing a shower. I've done that with my girlfriend, both of us at the same time :) :headbang: ).

Hmmmm and are the hostel hotels (or whatever ye call 'em) are nice? I mane, does it have heat and stuff? Becuase it'll be quite cold in the night I guess.

So, more suggestions, bitte?

^Of course they have heating :) And although usually there isn't one toilet per person in hostels you won't have to take a shower with someone else. Hostels are a nice place to meet lots of different people, usually travelers who are usually very friendly.
If you come to Macedonia you can sleep at my place :) plus the beer is on me.

Lucky you LBRH ! Someday I will visit Scandinavia ! I plan to go to Europe next year, we'll see ! :)

Hope you'll have a great time! We could talk more about it later... ;)
xx

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
Hmmmm and are the hostel hotels (or whatever ye call 'em) are nice? I mane, does it have heat and stuff? Becuase it'll be quite cold in the night I guess.

of course they have heating ;) The hostels attached to the organization (Dark Silence´s first link) have to fit to certain standards, too, but if you want info on a particular place, you´ll get it explained on the hostel´s homepage. Just try a search for a certain city and check the hostels, then you´ll see what you can expect (and we don´t have to explain so much :D )
They are the same like hotels, but just much more simple, hence the lower price, and usually offer breakfast (separate price), or have common rooms to hang out, or kitchens for preparing your own meals etc.

marduk1507 said:
Hey Cuth, there is a mens and womens individual nine-pin bowling World Cup in Skopje in October, so maybe Ill pay ya a visit, too. :)

Hey thats awesome :) You are welcome of course, i would like to meet Marduk The Horrible in person and survive to tell the story :)

you should absolutely make it to italy too. if you pass by rome, give me a bell.

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
Hmmm the hostel stuff seems quite good, because it's not pricy at all. I guess you have to share the showers too? I've never done that... (being a hostel, not sharing a shower. I've done that with my girlfriend, both of us at the same time :) :headbang: ).

i have no idea about how the hostels could be here in italy, but when i went to france i stayed in one that was pretty nice, i had a double room with my friend, weirdly the shower was in the room, but the rest of the bathroom was shared with the rest of the floor, :err: anyway it was nice, the cost was about 15/20 euro per night breakfast included. i know you don't want to go to france, but that was my only hostel experience :p
if in the end you decide to come to italy i'd recommend rome, i liked it when i went there.