Myspace Beta Profile?

I love facebook band pages cuz you can't throw HTML and flash all over it and make it confusing as shit to figure out what you wanna do.

It's simple

I love facebook band pages cuz you can't throw HTML and flash all over it and make it confusing as shit to figure out what you wanna do.

It's simple

i honestly couldn't care less about that stuff. I just want a decent player on there. As of right now, the "default" facebook player will only allow you to play the first song. The only way you can get to the songs after it are by playing through all the songs starting from song 1. Seriously....wtf

They could also just use an overall better layout as far as posting shows/dates

it seems everything they try to do to make it 'better' makes it worse, and more fucking annoying. you cant change your name now? what the fuck. i gave up on myspace when they stopped letting you change your URL

+1

Seems like they try to copy features from Facebook but almost invariably make them harder to use, less useful and almost always broken in some really elementary way. Like when they rejigged the calendar section and as soon as it went live you couldn't even add new gig dates to your profile anymore! Fucking retarded!

And now with the new profiles you're stuck with one masthead name that can't be changed other than via a one-time-only email request. The stupid thing is, I upgraded one of my band profiles to the new format and changed the name as I knew I wouldn't get the chance otherwise. But after I tweaked the layout a bit THE NAME HAD CHANGED ITSELF BACK AGAIN!!

Seriously, whoever codes this shit needs to be fucking sacked. It's almost as bad as the shit I have to deal with at work (and at least there I know that people WERE sacked!).

i honestly couldn't care less about that stuff. I just want a decent player on there. As of right now, the "default" facebook player will only allow you to play the first song. The only way you can get to the songs after it are by playing through all the songs starting from song 1. Seriously....wtf

They could also just use an overall better layout as far as posting shows/dates

Yes I didn't think about the default one. It does suck

But I like the bandpage tab they have.
A good example would be wcar or adtr
I like how they can incorporate the album art or a promo pic with having a song within it and not having it look super cluttered

The thing I dont like in Facebook is the "Like" thing. Probably because Im still used to become "friends" with bands on Myspace... but the Like thing just seems awkward, AND before you couldnt even see the things you liked which was pretty smart to say the least

You got to go where the people are at and right now that is facebook. Yeah, the facebook "band pages" suck but you can still network and gain new fans. I hope FB doesn't do like Myspace did and let bands get crazy with the HTML as the simplicity of FB is what makes it great.

I still book just about all my US as well as shows outside the USA thur Myspace and just recently and booking thru FB. As Myspace keeps getting less and less user friendly more and more fans will move away making bands build a "real" website again.

FB is here for now and once something bigger and better comes it too will lose users. but till then embrace it.