N.A.D. (Well ok it was Friday...lol) Randall Content!!

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
So i got my new Randall Thrasher on Friday, and Let me say this amp is a fucking beast!!!

First impressions:
In 25 years playing guitar. I have never gotten so many compliments on my tone then I did Friday Night. I was so disappointed when I thought my new amp wasn't going to make it in time for last nights show. The stars aligned and yesterday at 2pm there was a knock on the door. It was my new Randall Amplifiers Thrasher!!! I was in the middle of mixing a record and didn't really have a lot of time to play with the amp or settings before last nights show. So I took it on faith that the amp would carry me through with no hassles.

We hit sound check at 8:00pm and I had about 15 minutes to reconfigure my pedal board, get the loop levels worked out, and find a tone. It couldn't have been easier. 4 cables, a few pedals, and 2 footswitches (a double for channel switching and boost, and a single to turn the FX loop on and off) and I was ready to go.The amp sounded AMAZING and for the first time in 25 years I really felt I was one with my tone.

We hit the stage at 10pm and the amp just roared the entire night. channel changes were so simple! I no longer have to press 10 switches to turn FX on and off. Just preset my loop with the FX needed for that song, and one button press to turn them on and off. Channel switching and everything was a breeze. I nailed every cue in every song, and I just felt like a god! Also to my surprise, something I totally forgot that Mike Fortin designed into the amp. FX Loop Spill Over! For those of you not familiar with this concept, in a normal amp, the FX Loop is either on or off. So if you turn it off things like delay trails get cut off. Not with the Thrasher! The FX Loop allows the delay trails to spill over and allow you to use it to your advantage on transitions.

I wrote that and posted it to my Facebook the day after the show. I was so impressed how easy this amp was to use. I thought the 3 gain knobs would be tough to work with but I was wrong, So simple, this amp really is plug and play. No boots pedals, no overdrives, nothing PLUG IN AND GO. This amp sounds so meaty and huge, I seriously think its going to replace my 5150 100% on all my future recordings.

Do yourself a favor, GET YOURSELF A THRASHER!!

Thrasher_zps8741b68f.jpg

A Little Cell Phone Video:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=693583684047206

Some Quick Riffing: Thraser / Marshall 4x12 V30s / SM57
http://www.jasonconstantine.com/Thrasher/thrasher-standard.mp3

^ I agree, the cellphone pic sounds 10x times better than the 'dedicated' SM57 take.. Why is that?

So gassing for that amp. Off to try it next week, I play mostly in D and C# and it should be plenty tight i have heard.