NAD and the other 1 or 2 cool people around here . . . let me tell you about Quell.

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
I just got this promo the other day from Goodfellow Records, www.goodfellowrecords.com. First off Goodfellow is a great label. They have Cursed on their roster. Anyway . . . the band is Quell and the album is 'One Man's Struggle With The English Language'.

http://www.sonicunyon.com/downloads/mp3s/Quell-FinalTransactionAndEndBalance.mp3.zip

Greensboro, NC's noise machine, quell, formed in August 2001 from the ashes of A Kiss Before Dying and Andrea's Truth. What started off as a dual-vocalist metalcore band quickly transformed into a 3-guitar sonic attack. quell's current line-up is solid, having played dozens of shows together across the Southeast, New England and the Great Lakes areas. Seeking to bring something different to the table, quell has shyed away from being lumped into any single genre. With a 20 minute set that is nothing short of chaotic, quell has become a regional favourite.

Selected to play MACRoCk 2002 (Mid-Atlantic College Radio Conference), and given one of the 30 slots sought by over 300 national hardcore, indie and metal bands, quell has also been fortunate enough to open locally for national tours including the Poison The Well / Unearth / Sworn Enemy tour, and the Dillinger Escape Plan / All Else Failed / Darkest Hour tour (both in December of 2001), as well as Dillinger Escape Plan's return tour in September, and Today Is The Day's tour in October 2002. quell has also been fortunate enough to play with the likes of Caliban, the Red Chord, Majority Rule, Between The Buried and Me, Undying, Bloodjinn, Breaking Pangea, Joshua Fit For Battle, A Life Once Lost, Dead to Fall, End This Day, This Day Forward, In Pieces, Cannae, Purity's Failure, Daughters and Examination of the... as well as many other local, regional and national favourites.

If BWD was still alive, he'd eat the tits off this band.

If you like DEP, Meshuggah, Psyopus, and so on, you MUST check this band out. They probably fit into the simply titled deathcore sub-genre, but they are way to good to be dismissed so easily.

Nate The Great said:
If you like DEP, Meshuggah, Psyopus, and so on, you MUST check this band out.
You got it buddy. Let me download them shitz at home tonight and I'll check back later. I mean:

Cool, thanks for the link.

Goodfellow wins. They put out Shogun's Iconoclast. One of the most underrated and for that matter, unknown albums ever.