Nailed Down - Among The Waste [EP] (MIX TEST) feedback

Urbanchaos20

New Metal Member
Apr 3, 2015
California
www.facebook.com
whats up everybody just wanted to get some feedback on my band Nailed Down's song Withdrawal. This single is being used as the basic layout of what the final album will finally sound like once i re-track a few parts and what not. thanks for the feedback for this track everyone!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nailed Down
"Withdrawal"
Among The Waste EP

Instagram: @nailed_down_ca
www.facebook.com/naileddownca
www.naileddownca.bandcamp.com

Guitar tone and bass sounds pretty good to me man. The drums though, the cymbals are way too sizzly on the high end and over power a lot of the mix. Fix that up. And the snare is just...bad, sorry man. Way too quiet, too dry and kinda sounds like a bucket. Add some top and bottom mic volume and some reverb for extra presence.

Reactions: Urbanchaos20
Guitar tone is great, bass, I mean, it works as it is but I'd really like to hear more of that badass "grit", expecially on the bottom end. Vocals are way to dry for my taste, they definetely need some reverb and delay. Drums sound overcompressed to me, missing some dynamics, the snare needs to be fatter, it needs that nice "slap-in-your-face" sound to sit well with the general feel of the song, cymbals are waaaaaay too loud and overcompressed, it sounds like you're using real recorded drums (maybe with some extra samples here and there), but you kinda "raped" them to the point they sound like bad sampled drums, try to not overprocess everything, if you got good recorded drums they don't need too much work, in case you got shitty drums then "there's no way to polish a turd" so...
The last thing, have you applied some sort of general mastering to this? It sounds like a limiter is pushing the mix, expecially when the "boom" hits (try to turn it down a few db and maybe cut it above 70hz or so, there's no need to hear frequencies higher than that IMO), there's too much distortion going on.
The guitar tone is really cool BTW, nice job!

Reactions: Urbanchaos20