Name a good band that projects a ridiculous image.

Cutter

Fuck consensus reality
Dec 19, 2001
Sydney
Visit site
Right, that ridiculous corpse paint thread got me thinking.

Not that any of us care about a bands image blah blah blah...name any good bands that portray some kind of fucked up image on stage or on album covers etc. I'm curious.

I can think of two.

Tism - tracksuits and black burgler masks from memory.
Tool - multicoloured body paint occasionaly, or sometimes Maynard's testicle is hanging out of his leotards.

Oh shit, and don't hit me with 'oh...but Tool are a shit band.' blah blah blah. I mean any bands YOU like.

Prominently Emperor. Back in the day they used to go into the medieval get-up and pose much like was almost obligatory for bands of their genre. The music however was nothing short of amazing.

Immortal.
golf.jpg

Primordial - their music is awesome but they have a lot of Irish patriotism and stuff in the lyrics and the singer wears bullet belts (at least in the booklets ;) ).

How come nobody ever disses Kiss (the first time around)? I could never get into 'em because of their makeup. Then again, most of their music is below average.

I was watching that old video called "a declaration of independence" by century media with videos from a bunch of bands. There is a video on there from Tiamat "cold seed" and they look tribal but even more bizarre. Also there is a video from Satyricon "mother north" and it is black metal over the top! Naked chick prancing around while the black metal warriors are breathing fire in their spikes and corpse paint. Burning upside down crosses, battle axes, skulls on sticks, rings of fire, bloody boobs, and drooling blood. Can't get better than that :headbang: