Name a good band that projects a ridiculous image.

The Berzerker - They all wear halloween masks on stage. It's funny as hell to see the one guy having to put the microphone into the mouth of his mask to sing. Their music is pretty good to boot.

Once I saw this local band that all wore basketball jerseys, rainbow tu-tus, and had giant colored mohawks. Too bad their music sucked.

One that's been ridiculous for about 20 years would be Manowar. I still love listening to them, but jeez, seeing them on-stage (via the various DVDs) is just god-awful. Don't bother opening the booklets and reading their lyrics either....
It'd be good to do a word count on 'steel', 'fire' and 'metal' on any of their albums...

bredbent.jpg

:)

Nikodemus said:
One that's been ridiculous for about 20 years would be Manowar. I still love listening to them, but jeez, seeing them on-stage (via the various DVDs) is just god-awful. Don't bother opening the booklets and reading their lyrics either....
It'd be good to do a word count on 'steel', 'fire' and 'metal' on any of their albums...
Wow hey, another Darwinian... thats a bit different...

Deadly Badgers said:
Devin Townsend.

The guy looks like shit(at least partly deliberate)
Yet Terria is my second favorite album of everything and allways.
(Blackwater Park being number one ;) )
man we share the same favourite albums! ;)
well I like how Devin doesn't take himself and the whole metal scene too seriously. I mean, few artists would let themselves be photographed naked for a CD booklet (Infinity)

ShroudOfDusk said:
Wow hey, another Darwinian... thats a bit different...

Hey dude. You work in a music store by any chance? Or play in a band with someone who works at a music store??

If so, when are you guys playing next??

(Also, I'd be interested in maybe helping you design this local metal mag that's happening. If you're keen, drop us an email...)

Prominently Emperor. Back in the day they used to go into the medieval get-up and pose much like was almost obligatory for bands of their genre. The music however was nothing short of amazing.

Yeah, the band I immediately thought of when I saw this thread was Emperor. Ludicrous image, wonderfully complex, challenging music.

Gin_from_the_bottle said:
oh... nvm... you are straight edge... go do some drugs or something

HAHA, awesome.

Nikodemus said:
Hey dude. You work in a music store by any chance? Or play in a band with someone who works at a music store??

If so, when are you guys playing next??

(Also, I'd be interested in maybe helping you design this local metal mag that's happening. If you're keen, drop us an email...)
Yeah, did vocals for Existence... Sam who works at Sounds of Music played guitar. We've split though...

Always looking for more metalheads to help out with Northern Shadows. Email me at beer_drinker86@hotmail.com

Well, back in the day, when Stryper sported the yellow and black gear. They were and still are a very talented group of musicians, and released some great songs. The image was very feminine and somewhat gimmicky though. As were most hair bands. but Stryper actually had good music. I guess you could throw in Ratt, Motley Crue, and some other bands that were decent but looked like hell.