Name a good band that projects a ridiculous image.

I can't believe no one mentioned Akercocke! Great band, ridiculous 'satanists in suits' image:
b_akercocke2.jpg

Also, no one mentioned In Flames. Anders looks, acts, and sounds like that Korn poser these days. Thier latest album is OK. Better than Reroute anyways, but they need to lose Anders I'm afraid.

so lets do a re-cap of this thread...

Suits are silly
makeup is silly
baggy clothes (or comfortable clothes) are silly
matching uniforms are silly
emo/hardcore look is silly
costumes are silly
armor and chainmail is silly...

so what exactly should a band wear in order to not have a "rediculous image"?

i just saw pictures of them on a review site...and Avenged sevenfold look like the average metalcore band. i dont see why they stand out enough to even mention in this thread.

what about Hammerfall? The fucking rock but come one man, dragons, steel, battles and glory. It's like your average power metal but the only thing different about them is that I've seen only them live and they dress the part of "power metal"

Evergrey? "big forhead" is an image now?

alright, thats it, lol

id say opeth has a funnier looking image if were going to comment on facial features (your forehead comment)...

Mendez the "bass troll"
Peter the lanky mountain man
Mikael the bearded lady
and Lopez the don juan de Stockholm

:loco:

pretty much any black metal, not really today's, but years back...Emperor with the medieval satanic thing, dimmu with the overly exerted satanism, immortal with the riding horses to battle thing, i would say mayhem but where their image was completely stupid, they did some interesting things...but above all (he's not really that good, but for the sake of mentioning lame images, it's obligatory) mortiis.

BLackwater86 said:
I'd have to say Evergrey because they all look a little fruity...and the lead singer has the biggest forehead ever. Good music though.

Do you want Tom to go on the Swan? Would that make you feel better about the band? Maybe they can give him a forehead reduction? :ill:

IcedMadness said:
what about Hammerfall? The fucking rock but come one man, dragons, steel, battles and glory. It's like your average power metal but the only thing different about them is that I've seen only them live and they dress the part of "power metal"

Couldn't agree with you more, Cheese to the max & i dislike there music.

Anyone read metal maniacs? there is an ad that a band named Pentaface sent in thats hillarious. who knows if they are any good but they take the clown face black metal look REALLY seriously. its great.

its in the july issue towards the back, i dont feel like hooking up my scanner right now, its worth the time to flip through the mag at the newstand just to see it. its towards the back