Name change

Hi, Marcus!

It's good to see you posting again! By the way, I'm glad you're still you!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Thanks Al! Much love, brother.

I'm gonna make a concerted effort to hang around UM at least a little more! I've been very neglectful of late.

Nothing crazy, just ditching an old (and these days largely irrelevant) handle. I hadn't used it anywhere else since 2003 at least; I left some forums around then and was already joining a handful of new ones, and went by Jazz or some variant of it (the MX5 part comes from the Mazda Miata I used to own, the European name for which is the MX-5). Even changed my Xbox Live gamertag before you actually could (pre-360 days), so I had to dump the old account and start a whole new one. The Jazz part is partly from the Autobot, who was one of my favorite G1 Transformers characters, and also a nod to the character Jessamyn "Jazzbeaux" Bonney in Jack Yeovil's awesome book Krokodil Tears.

I just never got around to changing the name here. Which I think makes this the oldest forum account I have that I still use!

(Plus, you know, Curtis still asks me what the hell my old handle means. Combination of the band name My Ruin, and the Tura Satana song Luna. Both dropped off my playlists years ago, hence the irrelevance.)

Most do, and the avatar just confirms it. ;) I always loved the mental image of Jazz in car mode, as his G1 description put it, "cruising down Bourbon Street in New Orleans or [being] double parked outside a cellar club in Greenwich Village soaking up the local sounds if he weren't in the middle of a war."

The MX5 suffix feels a little weird nowadays since I haven't had that car for five years (it met its end in a wreck), but I haven't found anything better to use on my handle instead. And now my web presence is much higher than it was then, so I guess I'll stick with it. That was an awesome car, after all. :)