Name Your Favorite Sneap Project's

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
Name some of your favorite Andy Sneap project's(Produced or Mixed), here's some I thought of:

1. TESTAMENT- First Strike Still Deadly
The Gathering
2. SKINLAB- Bound Gagged & Blindfolded
Disembody The Flesh
Revolting Room
3. NEVERMORE - Dead Heart In A Dead World

4. KREATOR- Violent Revolution

5. ARCH ENEMY- Wages Of Sin

6. PISSING RAZORS- Pissing Razors
Cast Down The Plague
7. STUCK MO JO- Rising
Declaration Of A Headhunter
HVY 1 (live)
8. MACHINE HEAD- The More Things Change
9. EXODUS- Another Lesson In Violence (live)
My Favorites are: Wages Of Sin/The Gathering/Rising
I know I am forgetting some others???

Absoluteky Nevermore that's what metal is all about

Powerful, intense, and brutal ,yes I found Nevermore brutal you don't need to sing like Corpsegrinder to be brutal

You know I can never listen to an album after I've finished it. I'm always sure I've messed up so it's really cool you guys like all this stuff so much. Thanks alot. I appreciate it.

I spend a lot of time over in Atlanta actually Jim, so we probably have met. I've done front of house for Mojo a few times at the Masquarade, even played there with fozzy a few months ago.

Silicon Messiah just made my jaw drop when I first heard it.

Deviate by K2T great attempt in a non-American style at industrial rock.

Rising by the Mojo, more accesable than Devin's work and brought out a nice southern feel to the record.

- NEVERMORE - "DHIADW"
- TESTAMENT - "The Gathering"
- KREATOR - "Violent Revolution"

The thing i like and which is typically for you Andy is that you always create a very heavy and fat sound, but yet very clear. I like this alot.

Dead Heart in a Dead World is killer, but the overall tone just sounds REALLY digital and cold to me. Its heavy as fuck, but I miss the organic sounds from Politics and Dreaming Neon Black.
Hopefully the new Nevermore record will sound a little more "real"

I LOVE the sounds gotten on The Gathering, Wages of Sin, and Violent Revolution, however.

Hey Andy, what Mic Preamp did you use to get the crunch out of the Dual Recto's on The Gathering? Mine sounds great in person, but is lacking when I record with just a 57. I think I need a mic pre to get any real tone out of it... But that might not even be worth it for home demo recording..

My top three are Dead Heart, Wages of Sin and The Gathering, in that order. The drum sound on The Gathering is absolutley the most brutal, intense drum sound I have ever heard (I suppose Dave Lombardo probably had as much to do with that as Andy...). You pretty much feel as if you have your head in the kit. I am always surprised when other Nevermore fans say they prefer the Neil Kernon-produced albums. He did a great job, but I thought Andy brought out the best in the band (particularly from Warrel and Van, both of whom really shine on DHIADW).

Originally posted by Brooks
Dead Heart in a Dead World is killer, but the overall tone just sounds REALLY digital and cold to me. Its heavy as fuck, but I miss the organic sounds from Politics and Dreaming Neon Black.
Hopefully the new Nevermore record will sound a little more "real"

100% true point there!

by the way, one thing I should point out that alot of people dont realise, is the last Nevermore album is in a totally different tuning to the previous. I think Jeff used his 7 string on only one track on DNB. This makes so much difference to the overall tone, especially when using a guage 80 bass string for the low A#.

hello andy, this is danny from anathema. how are you? i see your doing well with the studio work. you know what you and the lads did on the second sabbat album changed me. i learned things. i also learned recently that you may be able to do a dead good job engineering our next album.
wanna have a chat?
danny cavanagh.:cry: :lol: :mad: :)

Andy, do you use Pro Tools? By organic, I meant a more analog sound, more warmth. The sound on Dead Heart just sounded digitally cold to me, compared to the more amateur style recordings of DNB and Politics.

I mean, no offence intended, its a masterpiece of a mixing job, and I absolutely understand what you, and the band were going for. Its just a personal preferance thing.

You're still the best metal producer on the planet, and I hope to work with you some day :)