NAMM 06

MKS said:
Is that Mattias Eklund from Toontrack?

I wondered that about 1.5 years ago.. i asked a buddy about it, and his answer was that in Sweden the name Mathias Ecklundh is sorta like the name Bob Smith in USA.

Mattias is the shit. I actually just bought his Freak Guitar CD today at Ameoba, been listening to it all day.

One of my favorite things about NAMM is seeing Mattias at the Laney booth, just wowing the crowds like a circus sideshow. He truly is a freak!

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
Men, please, this is killing me : "Mattias Eklundh"... It's even written on a paper on the right of the picture :loco:
don't git yer pantees inna wad, bret Kalldoss-leemuh. ;)

J the TyranT said:
No other Bumblefoot fans, though? Damn shame

Never heard of them. I don't get out much these days. I will see what I can dig up.

J - I'm a large Thal fan. A buddy of mine is friends with him.

I'm not all that stoked on his "vocals" but his playing is delicious.

I still think IA is one of the most creative cats around right now. Scary good, that guy.

here's a few more pics..
webstermurphyjarzombek.jpg

alex webster of Cannibal Corpse, me, Ron Jarzombek

Alex and Ron have a new collaboration up their sleeves that is sure to be amazing... Alex told me it will be quite heavy as well a musically challenging.

audixpack.jpg

here's a shot of the Audix goodies i picked up..

and here's a shot of my little brother Stephen with the Dean goodies he wanted to pick up. ;)
deangirlsstephen.jpg

That chick on the far right... TIGHT body... mischevious lil' face... Schproiiing.

Young Murphy is a smart one, notice he is closest to the far right. Wise choice, young Jedi...

Nice Audix kit there James!! Let me know how those pencil's work out for you, I've been looking at getting that exact same kit to go with the D6 and i5 I already have and I haven't heard anything about the condensers yet.

as you may already know from Kazrog's pics, we ran into Mike Amott over by the Krank Booth... and a few other places
amottandmurphy.jpg

one night after the show we shot over to N. Hollywood and visited Logan Mader at Undercity Recording as he was cutting bass tracks with Tony Campos of Static X for the new Asesino album.
asasinosession.jpg

mike d of KSE and Will from L.O.G. with my brother Stephen
mikedstephenwilliea.jpg

ok... at least one more part coming up so keep checking back.

James... that pod bean that looks like it is implanted into the right side of Logans head.. Is it just sitting atop that rack without so much as an ac power adapter, or does the dude love the thing and uses it frequently? I'm just curious.

The pic of Mike D, Lil' Murph, and Wllie is \m/

Gol damn Logan looks different with short hair. Haven't seen him since Machine Head!:dopey:

He looks like Vanilla Ice....Not kidding.