Namm

James Murphy

Mar 26, 2002
i'll be flying out from Tampa to Los Angeles on Wednesday the 19th where Kazrog from the boards here will be picking me up. Then we'll be heading over to Anaheim to have a dinner/meeting with the good folks from Caparison Guitars who will have flown in from Tokyo by then. And, starting the next day Kazrog (Shane) and I will be hitting the floor of the Anaheim Convention Center for the 2005 NAMM Convention.

in the unlikely event that there are some perusing this forum that are unfamiliar with NAMM, it is the acronym for National Association Of Music Merchants... a bi-annual industry event (the summer session takes place in Nashville) where every type of music manufacturer you can imagine sets up booths/displays/whatever-ya-wanna-call-'em to show off all their latest and upcoming products. this year the show runs Jan 20-23.

i go for the guitars and amps (yes!!) and the pro-audio gear and software (yes!!!), so if any of you board regulars are planning to attend then by all means keep your eyes open for me and make yourselves known. maybe we can "do lunch", as the LA locals like to put it.

i'll be in and around the Caparison booth quite a lot, as well as those of MOTU, Radial Engineering, and Framus.

www.thenammshow.com
nammshowlogo.gif

:headbang:

James Murphy said:
i'll be flying out from Tampa to Los Angeles on Wednesday the 19th where Kazrog from the boards here will be picking me up. Then we'll be heading over to Anaheim to have a dinner/meeting with the good folks from Caparison Guitars who will have flown in from Tokyo by then. And, starting the next day Kazrog (Shane) and I will be hitting the floor of the Anaheim Convention Center for the 2005 NAMM Convention.

in the unlikely event that there are some perusing this forum that are unfamiliar with NAMM, it is the acronym for National Association Of Music Merchants... a bi-annual industry event (the summer session takes place in Nashville) where every type of music manufacturer you can imagine sets up booths/displays/whatever-ya-wanna-call-'em to show off all their latest and upcoming products. this year the show runs Jan 20-23.

i go for the guitars and amps (yes!!) and the pro-audio gear and software (yes!!!), so if any of you board regulars are planning to attend then by all means keep your eyes open for me and make yourselves known. maybe we can "do lunch", as the LA locals like to put it.

i'll be in and around the Caparison booth quite a lot, as well as those of MOTU, Radial Engineering, and Framus.

www.thenammshow.com
nammshowlogo.gif

Kazrog. That show-offy son of a bitch. :Smug:

I can't believe he and you are tight.

James Murphy said:

www.thenammshow.com
nammshowlogo.gif

Oh and I'd love to be there to meet you James :)

Unfortunately, like with ChaosFragment, it is on the ohter side of the planet. :crap:

i should have also mentioned that NAMM is an industry-only event.. so you have to work for a music industry related company or be the guest of one. i was thinking that maybe a few of you guys on here might fit into one of those catagories.

anyone living in the Anaheim area?

haha James you fuckin blagger haha, Endorsement whore 2005, I'm proud of ya.

One thing James didn't mention, he'll be doin lunch at either "The Daily Grind" or "LA Buns" down on santa monica blvd

Andy Sneap said:
haha James you fuckin blagger haha, Endorsement whore 2005, I'm proud of ya. One thing James didn't mention, he'll be doin lunch at either "The Daily Grind" or "LA Buns" down on santa monica blvd

LOL... no shame in blaggin' a little swag! as far as my lunch arrangements are concerned, i think our Andy's indulging in a bit of wishful thinking!... when he was in the Bay Area for The Gathering i could have sworn i spotted him in queue at The Stud in S.F. as i drove past on my way to the Ten Keg!! :eek:

Andy Sneap said:
you were hangin at "the white swallow" from what I remember, the leather chaps suited you though

LOL :tickled:

yeah, thanks for the suggestion on those... i liked them quite better than the "ass-less" hot-shorts you were sporting. :lol:

Freak Guitar said:
As do I. I used to work at Guitar Electronics, so they are hooking me up with passes. I can't fuckin wait! Best of all...wednesday night there is a Mattias Eklundh clinic at the GIT. SHIT, I am so excited!

hey, email me at jfmguitarist@hotmail.com with details about this clinic.. i want to go!

James Murphy said:
LOL... ... when he was in the Bay Area for The Gathering i could have sworn i spotted him in queue at The Stud in S.F. as i drove past on my way to the Ten Keg!! :eek:

Whenever I go to the Avalon or Great American music hall or slims or wherever for shows in the city, coming from the east bay, we always take the 9th st exit off the bridge and have to drive by the Stud every time. I hope that next time I don't have to fend off visuals of particular board members in "ass-less shorts" thanks to you guys. I can handle the inevitable Bobby Halford jokes from my friends, but that's enough, thanks.