NAMM 2011

Darin J Moore

May 7, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
With Namm 2011 coming up next week looking forward to seeing all the latest Broderick news & updates!!! Chris & Steph always do so well documenting things!!! Besides the Dean Megadeth performance - just came from the Megadeth Cyber Army chat with Chris ( busy, hard to even get questions thru the moderator ) and he confirmed the rumors of a Jackson guitar unveil saying they were the only company that really stepped up in offering all of his specs in a signature guitar with concentration on playability - can't wait to see more!!! Wonder if they'll be both 6 and 7 string versions?

Chris playing a Jackson? Hmm... I wonder just how close it will be stylistically to his CS Ibanez 7's.

Hey Darin,

I'll get lots of pix and video from NAMM for you guys. I think Chris is doing a couple of signings for his guitar company (Fri and Sat).

Maybe he'll do a qik video or post some tweets or sumthing!!

All the Ibanez guys are gonna be so butt hurt over this ...lol

Ibanez cant hold on to anyone for long to be honest. I mean some of the guys over at the LACS are just rude. Since Fender is Jacksons parent company Chris is in a much larger home nowadays and I am sure he is being better taken care of.

Cant wait to see the new model. Just what I need right now is to start Gassing for a new guitar ...lol

Congrats to Chris... I hope the relationship w JACKSON will kick ass! I will be at NAMM and cannot wait to check out the SIG..I hope they make a 7!

Agreed about the Ibanez fanatics... I just don't know if Jackson can create a guitar as good looking and good sounding as Chris's LACS 7's (whether this new Jackson is a 6 or a 7). I have a Jackson here at home and it sounds and plays great, but I'll openly admit that I'm a fanboy for Ibanez.

Plus, Ibanez has all the rights to the Edge Zero and ZR trem systems, and Chris has said before that those are his favorite systems, so what will they do bridge-wise? SO many questions..

Hey Everyone,

I knew people would want to know why I left Ibanez, and I had the whole event written for all to read but I deleted that and don't want to focus on why it didn't work out with them. Lets just say that the events that occurred with them this last year left me feeling like my guitar company wasn't any where near as loyal to me as I was to them. For those who are curious you can read this old post that kicked things off.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/chris-broderick/529404-4-questions-chris-b.html

Now on to the good news!!!!!! I am actually glad this happened. I talked to a lot of different guitar companies about a potential move and Jackson by leaps and bounds stepped up and was able to build a guitar that is nothing less then my perfect guitar. I spent countless design hours on it. With a double neck that I built when I was 17 being the basis for the guitar, and with Mike Shannon behind the tools, I think you guys will be impressed. There will be a press release soon enough and tons of pics and vids in the coming weeks.

I hope this answers a few questions and like I said there will be a lot of press on these guitars when they are released next week.

Take care, Chris.

Glad I was able to be the bearer of bad news on that previous old post! Ha! I was surprised at the time that you were unaware - definitely to close to your signature without actually being a signature...Wish you lotsa luck with Jackson! You defintely deserve the "red carpet" treatment and look forward to what you will be unveiling...know you'd accept nothing but the finest!!!

Chris Broderick NAMM 2011 Appearance flyer:

cb-namm-flyer-sm.jpg

Hey Everyone,

I knew people would want to know why I left Ibanez, and I had the whole event written for all to read but I deleted that and don't want to focus on why it didn't work out with them. Lets just say that the events that occurred with them this last year left me feeling like my guitar company wasn't any where near as loyal to me as I was to them. For those who are curious you can read this old post that kicked things off.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/chris-broderick/529404-4-questions-chris-b.html

Now on to the good news!!!!!! I am actually glad this happened. I talked to a lot of different guitar companies about a potential move and Jackson by leaps and bounds stepped up and was able to build a guitar that is nothing less then my perfect guitar. I spent countless design hours on it. With a double neck that I built when I was 17 being the basis for the guitar, and with Mike Shannon behind the tools, I think you guys will be impressed. There will be a press release soon enough and tons of pics and vids in the coming weeks.

I hope this answers a few questions and like I said there will be a lot of press on these guitars when they are released next week.

Take care, Chris.

This makes a TON of sense. I had quite a few issues with Ibanez in the early 90s with them being very opposed to making me guitars with the original edge trems. They had just released the low-trs and swore that that could not do the original edge anymore. Amazes me how Satch and Vai still get them but if anyone else does its a smack in the face.

The other thing I noticed is all of the 2011 RGD RGA and S Series all have the ZR bridge now. Woner where that idea came from :eyeroll:

No shark Inlays, not this typical, ugly Jackson head stock and it seems like a nice color. As long as the guitar body isn't Bo Diddley style: it's half as bad as I thought.

Great sneak peak ad -thanks for posting!!! Nice and enticing without revealing too much..definitely will be watching and staying glued to this weekend! ( Like XxXPete, Still hoping for a 7 as well though. lol - Think Chris could be the guy to turn some "die-hard's" heads and make some "noise" )!!!

Haven't even seen the body and I already like the look of it. I had a feeling he'd be using that split headstock design. The 6 string neck looks so narrow in his hands though...