native instruments SUCKS ASS

Fragle

Jul 27, 2005
Germany
so i bought steven slate drums 3.0 LE, with the kontakt 2 standalone player.

as i don't have internet on my dedicated audio PC i have to go through a process called "offline activation" in order to run the software beyond the 7 day trial period.

well, according to NI the offline activation can't be done as of right now due to some website errors i guess (but dont know)....in urgent cases you're supposed to contact NI customer support.
good luck with that one, though! - they just don't seem to answer their emails, and doing a google search confirms just that unfortunately.

you know, tomorrow i'll start tracking for a band, and we wanted to use SSD for that project (actually bought it for that single purpose)....the standalone player, not the sample library mind you.
well, i guess it should "kind of" suck to tell the band that there are no drums to record their tracks to, as the 7 day trial period has expired and i'm not able to register my legally bought product.

i assume that the regular online activation works just fine....so what, are we getting punished now for having a dedicated audio PC w/o any internet connection???

guys, i'm pissed off :hotjump:

sorry for the rant...

so i bought steven slate drums 3.0 LE, with the kontakt 2 standalone player.

as i don't have internet on my dedicated audio PC i have to go through a process called "offline activation" in order to run the software beyond the 7 day trial period.

well, according to NI the offline activation can't be done as of right now due to some website errors i guess (but dont know)....in urgent cases you're supposed to contact NI customer support.
good luck with that one, though! - they just don't seem to answer their emails, and doing a google search confirms just that unfortunately.

you know, tomorrow i'll start tracking for a band, and we wanted to use SSD for that project (actually bought it for that single purpose)....the standalone player, not the sample library mind you.
well, i guess it should "kind of" suck to tell the band that there are no drums to record their tracks to, as the 7 day trial period has expired and i'm not able to register my legally bought product.

i assume that the regular online activation works just fine....so what, are we getting punished now for having a dedicated audio PC w/o any internet connection???

guys, i'm pissed off :hotjump:

sorry for the rant...

I'd get in contact with Steven Slate right away.

Why don't you just connect the audio PC to the internet for 5 minutes, do the online activation (which is indeed painless) and disconnect it again? WHILE I DO FULLY AGREE THAT NI SUCKS MAJOR BALLS, that would be the easiest and quickest route, would it?

no DSL where i live, i'm on UMTS. connecting that PC to the net would consequently mean installing a bunch of UMTS related software and whatnot...

i'll try and call them later this day (nice business times, 10-4....).

btw, just checked their site, offline activiation is still just that, offline.

but well, if calling them won't solve the problem (if they answer their phone just as well as their emails....well, go figure), i guess i'll have to bite the bullet and go through all the internet hassle. after all, i have a band arriving in 6 hours....

damn, even thinking about this shit drives me nuts. SSD is a very very awesome piece of gear/software....the kontakt player is NOT.

alright, just called them.

apparently the whole offline activation system is down due to some server error or whatever, meaning that even the company itself can't perform offline activations right now, and not just the user via the website.

alright, let's see how things turn out.

frankly, i see an invoice coming for NI germany, meaning damages for today and (depending on how long it'll take them to get their shit together) for the next couple of days...after all, this is business. time=money.

Native Instruments have the worst support that I know.

The last time I needed support I had to sent 3 emails, 1 each month and then I received the email.

Just to let me know that a product I bought from them 6 years ago (Pro Tools Studio Collection) that cost me about 1000Eur, was now discontinued, doesn't work on the new OS, and there is no crossgrade path.
Way to go Native Instruments!!!
Just s**t on the customers that supported you on the beginning when you needed most!!! Now you don't need them so let them lose their investiment.
No more NI products for me, they won't see another cent from me.

They should learn with Steven Slate that has been very generous with who bought his products on the begining helping the company to be what it is today.

When I complaint about the long wait for my emails to be replied, they said very naturally that they don't have much people in support so I had to wait as long as it would take for them to reply!!! :eek:
Sending emails through 3 months to get a reply, is that normal????? :mad:

I also had the same type of reply "we don't have much people in support so we can't answer phones all the time, and write emails back so you'll have to wait" from another german amp company.

Maybe support in Germany is like that. :rolleyes:

What's wrong with these companies, don't they value their customers anymore, they just want to sell and don't feel the need to have a good support, I don't know how you guys feel about this, but for me the support makes all the difference in wanting to buy a product.