Nattsmyg

Bortbyting
Apr 15, 2005
Sverige, Ängelholm
www.nattsmyg.com
While we wait for Mr.V's new album, listen to Nattsmygs new CD :kickass:

Download it at http://www.nattsmyg.com

cdnss.jpg

Already downloaded it and listened to it once.
Well, what can I say - I love some of the songstructures and one can really hear that you've worked harder on this one.
The keyboards are also better "in place" - they are there when they should be and not as overused as they were on some earlier demos. Same goes for the mouth-harp.
What I don't like about this one is that I feel there are way too much vocals growled and screamed and not so much clean vocals as there were on, for example, "Trollmakt". You have a good clean voice and I think "När Solen Slocknar" would benefit more from them.
Actually, "Trollmakt" hooked me at once - this one didn't. But this is just reflections upon my first listen...

...och du vet att du kommer att få höra mer tjafs på det dära förbannade MSN. Till nästa demo bidrar jag gärna med lite sälgflöjt :p Ha det!

I agree with you that there's plenty of growl :)
I just learned how to growl and I think it shows on the CD how fun I think it is to be able to do that..
but I must say that I'm proud over the few parts were I do sing clean.
There's also more female vocals than usual, and I think almost every song has both growl and clean vocals.

Jag ska minsann göra en låt anpassad enbart för dig och din flöjt :p

I download it, ock det er ganska bra!
I am impressed, but as for feedback goes, I will need to listen to it more.
But very nice! :D

I pretty much agree with what Hebbe said. The structures of the songs are great, and together with the guitar playing (to what extent I'm qualified to judge that...) they are what have improved the most I'd say. And bear in mind that I loved the songs of your last demo. Some of the melodies are awesome, and I have to admit that I Havsråets Famn gives me goosebumps.

As for the keyboards and mouth harps; Very well done. "Better in place", as Hebbe said.

My only gripe is the growling. Think I said this before when you sent some sample - it seems to me like they are sung too deep down in the throat, and at times it makes the words melds together to "growgrowgrowgrow".
I should though mention that while I at first didn't like the Irminsul's growling, it grew on me after a while, so maybe the same will happen with your's too.

Anyway, I really like your clean vocals and would love to hear them get a more predominant role. Also I love Marie's vocals, and I hope you'll get her to sing on future releases too.

After a few listenings favourite tracks are När Solen Slocknar and I Havsråets Famn. Will see what other things I can say after having listened through it a few more times. But to sum up the first impression: Great songs, the melodies, playing, structuring etc. Some improvement on the growling side (and maybe a little more clean vocals) and it'd be perfect.

I'm just listening to it for the first time. Sounds good so far. The music is great. :) The growls sound like the weakest link so far, but maybe i just need some time to get used to then.

You should add mp3-tags to the files, to get more famous on last.fm!

Edit:
Forgot to mention I really like the cover artwork.

Second Edit:
After listening to the whole demo the growls growed on me a bit. The keyboards, riffs and female vocals are great.

I downloaded all of your demos and I'll listne to them all tomorrow. I have been listening to them somewhat already and so far so good!