Nattsmyg - Vart Hundrade År

Nattsmyg

Bortbyting
Apr 15, 2005
Sverige, Ängelholm
www.nattsmyg.com
vhåbig.jpg

The third demo since I joined this forum!
Go to Nattsmyg if you want to listen to it.

Mr.V, you're my greatest idol and I believe your music has much influence in what I make.
I know that I'm still a beginner compared to you, but I would be very very greatfull if you could listen to some of the songs and write what you think one day when you have both time and energy.
I know you're a busy man and I think I understand you :)
I'd love some tips and suggestions.

Nattsmyg is a 2 man band and I make the lyrics, guitars, bass, jew's-harp, keyboard and Anton does grim vocals and drums.
Right now we're recording everything in my computer but we will hopefully start rehearsing soon.

gemig@minpost.nu är min email om du vill skicka det direkt till mig, då kan du skriva på svenska.

Who are you???? You produced 3 Demos in half a year, you must be a fucking workaholic without a job or something!!!!!!
Rock on, dude, your music rules!!!! :headbang:

Thidrek said:
Who are you???? You produced 3 Demos in half a year, you must be a fucking workaholic without a job or something!!!!!!
Rock on, dude, your music rules!!!! :headbang:

Haha ^^
I have one halftime job but I really love making music and I think I have to work hard to get somewhere.

Lazy people gets eaten by The Langoliers ..

I heard one of your demos the other day, the first one I believe, and I love it. I remembered seeing that you were on this forum. I must say you do some extremely good stuff. I'll check out this one as well.

I've got a question, nattsmyg. What synthesizer do you use? Is it plain midi? And if yes, which instrument? And if you use another one, how is it arranged?

Thidrek said:
I've got a question, nattsmyg. What synthesizer do you use? Is it plain midi? And if yes, which instrument? And if you use another one, how is it arranged?

I use a M-AUDIO Keystation 49 e and it's a plain midi for about 800-900 sek.
It's connected to the program Reason which costs about 3000-4000 sek.
It works great and I don't regret choosing that instead of a good synthesizer which can cost from 4000 sek up to infinity.
I believe it's easier to edit the sounds when they are in Reason or similar programs.
If I was to play synthesizer live then I think I hade bought me a not-midi one.
Trolltyg who's going to play live with Nattsmyg in the end of October has a Casio WK3000.

Hej Nattsmyg, I downloaded all of the songs from your site (sorry about the bandwidth useage) And I'm in the process of listening to them all :)

Your vocals are nice, sounds like a mixture between Amorphis and Vintersorg (which I like both). I'll do some reviews if I have some time soon and put them up on metal archives etc.

PS: Registered on your forum, give me permisson to post already :p

FrostbittenGrimness said:
Hej Nattsmyg, I downloaded all of the songs from your site (sorry about the bandwidth useage) And I'm in the process of listening to them all :)

Your vocals are nice, sounds like a mixture between Amorphis and Vintersorg (which I like both). I'll do some reviews if I have some time soon and put them up on metal archives etc.

PS: Registered on your forum, give me permisson to post already :p

Amorphis are great.
I'd appreciate that, reviews often tells me what I can improve.
.. and they're also fun to read :)
Sorry about the permission thing, you have permission and I've done so that nobody has to have my permission in the future.

Nattsmyg said:
I use a M-AUDIO Keystation 49 e and it's a plain midi for about 800-900 sek.
It's connected to the program Reason which costs about 3000-4000 sek.
It works great and I don't regret choosing that instead of a good synthesizer which can cost from 4000 sek up to infinity.
I believe it's easier to edit the sounds when they are in Reason or similar programs.
If I was to play synthesizer live then I think I hade bought me a not-midi one.
Trolltyg who's going to play live with Nattsmyg in the end of October has a Casio WK3000.
So you use the synths of reason. I have Cubase and it has some synths included but I don't really know how to handle them but I want to. What is that sound you use? Is it a pad or a lead or..? I don't know anything about synthesizer but I wanna use them, that's my prob.. :/ :D

Thidrek said:
So you use the synths of reason. I have Cubase and it has some synths included but I don't really know how to handle them but I want to. What is that sound you use? Is it a pad or a lead or..? I don't know anything about synthesizer but I wanna use them, that's my prob.. :/ :D
I have never seen Cubase so I can't help you there ..
I'm sure you can find other people on this forum using Cubase, or you can search the web for tutorials.
If you get Reason then I can help you.

I didn't understand your "what is that sound" question ?
I have found 4-5 different types of strings that sounds good in my ears, then I adjust reverb, delay etc until I'm happy with the sound.
I use the strings that has the right "feeling" in the different parts of a song.
The different strings in Reason has names like: slow strings, stringsection.

Nattsmyg said:
I have never seen Cubase so I can't help you there ..
I'm sure you can find other people on this forum using Cubase, or you can search the web for tutorials.
If you get Reason then I can help you.

I didn't understand your "what is that sound" question ?
I have found 4-5 different types of strings that sounds good in my ears, then I adjust reverb, delay etc until I'm happy with the sound.
I use the strings that has the right "feeling" in the different parts of a song.
The different strings in Reason has names like: slow strings, stringsection.

I use Cubase my friends. Also Nattsmyg, by "what is that sound", he meant what soundbank are you using an what VST effect. I'd have to guess they synth stuff is mainly pads though.

Do you know if those sounds are limited to reason by the way? The "slow strings, stringsection."

FrostbittenGrimness said:
I use Cubase my friends. Also Nattsmyg, by "what is that sound", he meant what soundbank are you using an what VST effect. I'd have to guess they synth stuff is mainly pads though.

Do you know if those sounds are limited to reason by the way? The "slow strings, stringsection."

I have heard that you can connect Reason with Cubase.
The soundfiles themselfes are probably only made for Reason.
I have also heard that Cubase it better then Reason, and since i know there's tons of extra nice sounds that's available for Reason, then there must be some good sounds for Cubase aswell.

Nattsmyg said:
I have heard that you can connect Reason with Cubase.
The soundfiles themselfes are probably only made for Reason.
I have also heard that Cubase it better then Reason, and since i know there's tons of extra nice sounds that's available for Reason, then there must be some good sounds for Cubase aswell.

Ah. Well I've used both, and although Cubase is more powerful, it's a little more technical and harder to use. Most effects are VST's and I'm hoping they are for Reason aswell. With the general names I wouldn't have a clue though haha..

I don't have any string-synth so I guess I have to try around...
I have heard that the drum computer in Reason sounds more originally, the ones in Cubase don't sound like real drums... But I haven't used Reason so far.

Maybe it is possible to find some VST Instruments on the web, I'll try.
Thanks for the hints, you both! :)

Ah theres plently of free VST's on the net. Just have a look like you said.. If you're lucky you also might find some not-so-free-ones-yet-somehow-downloadable-ones haha. Good luck!