Nazi Drama starring Phil Anselmo and Rob Flynn

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Probably not the best introduction ever if truthful.

There's no ban policy on free speech, but yes there is a ban policy on hate speech/racism if you decide to go that route.

I never said to censor him. I'm saying what he said is wrong to say, whether he has the right to say it or not. It's fucked up and regressive <-the word you like to throw around so much. How is what he said progressive in any way? It's not.

Don't forget we also have free speech and can talk about whatever we want as well. Including censorship for some.

No one on Earth would ever call Phil Anselmo a "progressive". I dont care if you think what he said was "wrong" or "racists" have we completely forgot what free speech means? the moral high ground with free speech is being able to concede your enemy his right to platform, no matter how WRONG HE IS.

IF YOU ARE SO RIGHT YOUR RHETORIC SHOULD SPEAK FOR ITSELF. IF YOU ARE SO INSECURE, AND YOUR RHETORIC DOES NOT SPEAK FOR ITSELF, THEN IT IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE COMMON MAN FOR NOT BUYING INTO YOUR BULLSHIT

You are regressive if you think YOU AND THE GOVERNMENT have the right to suppress the free speech and rights of others.
I DONT GIVE A FUCK HOW STRONGLY YOU FEEL ABOUT THE SUBJECT, IF YOU ARE PRO CENSORSHIP THEN YOU ARE EVIL AND YOU ARGUMENT IS INVALID!!!!
Progressives are the news fascists.

Really, that's it? I'm kind of disapointed. Mr. "I'll debate anyone", and this is what we get. Huh. You may want to work on your debating skills there champ.

[edit] ah there we go. First impression: "BIG LETTERS MEANS I'M RIGHT"

I made multiple posts and did completely refute that post, it became fragmented into two posts I think.

I have addressed all points in subsequent posts, and If I've missed one, please bring every single point to my attention. any point I may have missed, please.

You are regressive if you think YOU AND THE GOVERNMENT have the right to suppress the free speech and rights of others.

Guess I'm not regressive then. I never said anyone had the right to suppress his free speech. What he said is still wrong.

I DONT GIVE A FUCK HOW STRONGLY YOU FEEL ABOUT THE SUBJECT, IF YOU ARE PRO CENSORSHIP THEN YOU ARE EVIL AND YOU ARGUMENT IS INVALID!!!!

Yelling does not a logical argument make. Saying your* argument is invalid does not mean an argument is invalid. You haven't proven anything. You simply said I don't care how you feel, so you're evil. Wtf kind of debate technique is that? Go back to school kid.

Progressives are the news fascists.

So wait, first you said being regressive is bad, now you're saying being progressive is bad. Which is it gerbilbutt?

Usually when people make a statement like that they're exaggerating. She knows he was a talented guitar player but doesn't like his style. Hence he's 'shit'. Same goes for Zakk Wyle or any other guitar player people don't like.

He's an average professional metal guitarist at best. People elevate him way too high. Zakk Wylde is in the same category. Both highly overrated by their fans. "Cemetery Gates" is the peak Dimebag performance that I've heard, and it still isn't anything amazing.

@Baroque

Don't use the "He plays guitar better than you do" argument. It's not a valid way to approach criticism of music unless the critic is claiming to be a musician of superior caliber.

Shit, even Fenriz has stepped away from his anti-Jewish comments.

"if you have just the necessary bit of brain you understand there is not like one race who could be solely bad individuals"

Reactions: CiG
Don't use the "He plays guitar better than you do" argument. It's not a valid way to approach criticism of music unless the critic is claiming to be a musician of superior caliber.

There is no valid way to critique an art form, so you're already wasting your time here

He's an average professional metal guitarist at best. People elevate him way too high. Zakk Wylde is in the same category. Both highly overrated by their fans. "Cemetery Gates" is the peak Dimebag performance that I've heard, and it still isn't anything amazing.

@Baroque

Eh my job is done in that argument. You went from saying he couldn't play guitar to saying he's an average professional metal guitarist. I'm not saying he's amazing. But being an average pro metal guitarist takes skill.

Since when? Pretty sure if you ask any number of metal icons they'd be vehemently against it.

Rob Halford spoke against racist immigration laws in Arizona.

Lemmy "I just don't understand racism, I never thought it was an option."

Napalm Death obviously

Bill Steer "None of us have politics that are possible to define in such brief space. Suffice to say that all of us detest sexism, racism and bigotry in general"

Could keep going, but you should do the work yourself.

Just because some bands like Pantera and a lot of the black metal world are racist doesn't mean it should be accepted.

Anybody else notice that all of these guys are Brits? THOUGHTPOLICELOL

Reactions: Dak
I'd imagine that Rob Halford knows about discrimination firsthand. He's probably been on the receiving end.

What is a valid subjective critique of an artform?

All opinons on anything are subjective. If criticism of art is invalid, then so is appreciation of it. They're different types of opinions. There's no reason why one would be valid if the other isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.