Near death experiences.

Lord_Of_This_World

refer to manual.
Apr 19, 2004
Liverpool
www.serotonal.co.uk
I was cleaning off the dust on the pots on me bass amp the other day when i touched the back of the on/off switch and it fucking gave me the shock of me life.I forgot that i'd left it plugged in and switched on.I relaised that if i did'nt have shoes with insulated soles on at the time I'd be typing this thread in the fucking afterlife.

So this begs the question:Have you ever been close to death?

Nearly fell of a scaffold once or twice, stepped over the edge of the frame and the plank started to go, the other lad managed to pull me in o_O

My parents and I got involved into a serious car accident back in 1997. When I saw the pictures of our car in the newspaper the next day, I wondered how we actually got out there alive. My mum and I both had broken vertebras, the guy who caused the accident lost his wife and one of his kids.
That was as close to death as I've been so far.
Oh wait, as a kid I almost drowned in a swimming pool.

i got hit by a car when i was 13, had to stay in the hospital for a couple of weeks, had to lie down (no sitting) for nearly 2 months, didnt walk for 4 or 5 months, had iron sticks in my right leg and right arm, then had to learn to use my leg and my arm for a couple more months.

got an electric shock as a nipper as well.

haha that reminds me, once i was in me mate's car, there were 4 of us, and we picked up 2 girls in the streets, so we were all trying to be jimmy gangster in the car, then the driver crashed against a poll. so hes dad went nuts and drove us all back home. i felt dead dead daft.

I've had a gun put to my head twice. I was robbed both times.
One guy I slept with tried to choke me. I thought he wanted to kill me.
I almost died from a drug overdose.
I was hit by a car as a pedestrian twice. Once fairly seriously. I still have a lump of contusion scar under the skin the size of my open hand on my left upper thigh that fills my cupped hand.
Another time I was almost hit by a van. This one would have killed me. I stepped back onto the curb two seconds in time. I'd stepped right out into the street in front of it. A woman I know pulled me back. She saved my life.
Another time, I choked on a piece of food and my friend hiemliched me. We were in the dining room of our work place and he was a photographer. He was taking pictures of me with the camera to the side on a tripod and the button thing in his hand, while we were eating lunch. He was cracking jokes as usual and get me laughing then click the pics. I got laughing so hard I breathed in a piece of lettuce. He thought I was joking as I fell on the floor turning blue. heh! Then he was on his feet and lifted me off the floor by my stomach. Out it came. It was funny as hell but.....

The closest I got to a near-death experience, as far as I can remember, was when me and a friend got hit in the side while out driving - those seconds were very slow...

...and oh; once I got doublesided pneumonia (does it spell like that?), was out of it for 2-3 days (don't really remember anything of those days in the hospital). If I didn't get better shortly after arriving at the hospital, I could've died they say... ah well...

Lord_Of_This_World said:
So this begs the question:Have you ever been close to death?
anyway we're always close to death really, mere lotus flowers blooming in the midst of a raging fire, dew upon the morning grass etc etc. Just every now and then the good lord gives us little reminders of this by electrocuting us or smacking us with cars and we go o_O

Bambi said:
anyway we're always close to death really, mere lotus flowers blooming in the midst of a raging fire, dew upon the morning grass etc etc. Just every now and then the good lord gives us little reminders of this by electrocuting us or smacking us with cars and we go o_O

you're right. They're not really near death experiences except for gronke's pneumonia.

They're just accidents overall that could have ended in death.

In literal terms, the drug od was probably the only real closest thing for me.