NearFest (Riverside)

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Is anybody here in the board going to NearFest? I was able to get my tickets for the festival JUST to see Riverside and I simply cannot wait! Anybody else?

You know something, I contemplated going for the very same reason you are going- to see Riverside. I didn't realize tickets went on sale and of course they are sold out. It would have been nice to see them although $100 for 1 band for an hour was kind of pushing it for me. I just wish I was into the general type of music that Nearfest represents. With that said, I'm I'm able to somehow secure a ticket through a contact for a cheaper price, I would definitely go as well.

nightwish58 said:
You know something, I contemplated going for the very same reason you are going- to see Riverside. I didn't realize tickets went on sale and of course they are sold out. It would have been nice to see them although $100 for 1 band for an hour was kind of pushing it for me. I just wish I was into the general type of music that Nearfest represents. With that said, I'm I'm able to somehow secure a ticket through a contact for a cheaper price, I would definitely go as well.

I got 6 tickets. If anyone of my party ends up canceling it, consider it yours.
Our buddy Lucas is coming all the way from FL to see this, it would be a nice ProgPower Warm-Up!

And 100 bucks for Riverside sounds reasonably enough when it's Riverside. LOL

AngraRULES said:
Is anybody here in the board going to NearFest? I was able to get my tickets for the festival JUST to see Riverside and I simply cannot wait! Anybody else?

I really want to. I also would be going just for them. When did tix go on sale?

Scott and I are attending and bringing our bro Dr. Metal with us! we would not miss this for the world! This will be our third year in a row. Would not pass up a chance to support our dear friend Rob's festival. Much like Glenn runs the premier ProgMetal/Power Metal Festival in the US....Rob and Chad run the premier Prog Rock festival in the US.

Well that and both festivals give us a chance to let Ken Golden Take our money for cds ;)

Coldie

AngraRULES said:
I got 6 tickets. If anyone of my party ends up canceling it, consider it yours.
Our buddy Lucas is coming all the way from FL to see this, it would be a nice ProgPower Warm-Up!

And 100 bucks for Riverside sounds reasonably enough when it's Riverside. LOL

Awesome; I sent you a private message. Consider me in if someone cancels!!! Hoping for cancellation :)

I would love to Riverside... they are one of my favorites... but unfortunately there's no other acts on the roster I'm the slightest bit interested in.

THe riverside i heard was whiny, airy, and not very masculine, or heterosexual Perhaps it was a mistag? Because waht I heard, did not come CLOSE to the hype as these guys get on the board.

urinalcakemix said:
THe riverside i heard was whiny, airy, and not very masculine, or heterosexual Perhaps it was a mistag? Because waht I heard, did not come CLOSE to the hype as these guys get on the board.

You're an idiot sometimes, but not a bad guy! I like you, I promise... :lol:

But Riverside rocks.

I think Riverside would fit in much better at ProgPower than Nearfest... whose lineup is mostly jazz-fusion acts and the remnents of little known prog bands from the 70s.

I went to Nearfest 2003 and had a blast. I was looking forward to going again but the line ups the last 2 years have been TERRIBLE. I would love to see Riverside but I'm not driving out from Detroit for one band.

Including 2006 there has been 4 bands I'd have wanted to see in the last 3 years.

I'd have loved to see Riverside, too..... Had I bought a ticket I'd have been going primarily to see Ozric Tentacles (longtime fan and sometime friend of the band), and then Riverside, and then basically no-one else.

I'm sure the show would have been enjoyable; good music is good music, and metal is not the only drug in my medicine cabinet...thank goodness. :)