Nebula CLC V.S. ITB "Forsaken Knights"

vicnest

New Metal Member
Sep 26, 2009
Hi guys!!

I've recently bought AlexB's CLC. And I personally am quite happy with the result.
But I am quite wonder if everybody think it's better.

So I cut one of the song "Forsaken Knights" from my working concept album "Storyteller" hopefully will be released in this April.

Link to the 2 clips: (they are both 320kbs mp3 downloadable, if anyone need the original

wave files, I can upload them too)
Watch out for the online player is a little bit too loud!!
Forsaken Knights A
Forsaken Knights B

1. The ITB version: is mixed with saturation plugins like URS console strips and Softube Trident A-range.

2. CLC version: I exported all audio, rendered them with CLC line input.
The mix settings may be modified a little due to the original sounds were changed.
The orignal ITB satuartions were turn off or lowered.
I mixdown busses and run through CLC Bus Clean or CLC Send accordingly.
Then the final busses were summed and ran through another CLC mondern master bus which sound best according to my taste.

The 2 files were tuned to identical level for my ears and ran through the same mastering
chain. The RMS values are quite close.

Basically the mix is not the same, I am not trying to make a fair test. I tried to make both sound good to me. And I prefer the one with CLC.

Listen with open mind and feel free to tell me which one you prefer.

And it may not be the final album version.
Thank you for listening :)

I'd go with version B. For some reasons, it sounds more open and seem to breathe better. The balance is great, everything is in its proper place. Great guitar sound.

Oh, speaking of breathing, I enjoyed the track up the point where the vocals came in. It's as if your singer had somebody strangling him while he was singing. He sounds incredibly constricted. I don't know if you still have time to open him up a little bit in the mix, but it would do wonders if I felt there was some air coming out of the guy. As it is right now, I would simply turn off the track and move on to something else.

The track is very solid instrumentally. As I said earlier, the balance is great on my system. But you got to do something about how the vocal sounds right now.

version b is better, by the way what program did you to convert it to mp3 @ 392kbps? I thought 320kbps was the highest. or you mean 192kbps?