Need CUBASE help

Mar 18, 2008
This is really stupid, but I was recording today and all of a sudden at the end of the session, the astrisk button on the number pad stopped working to start the recording. If I hit it, it arms the red dot on the transport menu but wont start recording and so I can't use the count in, which was very helpful over the last session. I did a search of the internet and through preference options and key commands and can't come up with an idea of what could have happened. Restarting the computer didn't help either.

Has anyone had this problem and know of a solution? I have another session tomorrow and it will be a pain in the ass to not have that working properly.

Just for anyone who reads this with a similar issue, I figured out what the problem was. I knew it was going to be some stupid trivial thing. Somehow the sync button on the transport got clicked, or there is a random key command for it that I accidentally hit, and was changed to unsynced as opposed to internal. I guess that disables the pre-count and record from being activated within cubase.