Pro tools is acting horrible loosing sessions, Help Help! PLEASE!

Shaun Werle

Dec 30, 2009
Brodheadsville PA
So I am gone for a weekend and than i come back and over the weekend my brother did a session with this band and as i went to open the sessions i suddenly couldn't find them, I go into the session file back up and pick the latest session file back up and it is still not there it's not showing all the stuff i have done the past weeked (hours and hours of work) and when i am working in sessions, whenever i go to save my session instead of just saving over my session it goes to the save as menu and i have to re type the file name (very annoying)

I can't find my latest work. I tried to run a system restore to the time before this started happening. I don't know if this is a computer hardware issue or what.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but whatever

Please help

Main Problem
-Sessions are getting lost and can't find orignal session
-Crtl S brings up the save as menu and sometimes, I can't close pro tools right at all. It ask's me if i want to save I click "save" and it doesn't close than i repeat and than it finally closes.

Ughh i hate computers

Don't hate the computer, hate your brother.

Try making a new session and import the session data from the last backup you were working on (before the weekend break).

One possibility - if your brother's session was in the same folder, and sharing the same "Audio Files" folder, and he deleted his unused files, he could have accidentally deleted any files you had of the same name as well.

Don't hate the computer, hate your brother.

Try making a new session and import the session data from the last backup you were working on (before the weekend break).

One possibility - if your brother's session was in the same folder, and sharing the same "Audio Files" folder, and he deleted his unused files, he could have accidentally deleted any files you had of the same name as well.

Well it was fine when I came home, but the next day when i recording some vocals i went to go to different sessions and they were either the session that i worked on from a week ago, or it wasn't there! I am trying to do a system restore but it says there's an error in my C: drive, what could that be?