need help form guitarists

xOrdinary_Storyx

shredder
Jan 24, 2004
deviltown NJ!
ok i just posted this but i think it got deleted so here we go again. needled, bob, or anyone else who can help, please do! im thinking of picking up a RR, and since the only production line one with 24 frets is crap, i was wondering if it was worth it to have one made with 24. im in high school and the extra cash would be hard for me to get, but if you think its worth it let me know. i play a 22 fret now and never seem to wish i had the extra 2 but im not sure. thanks guys

Custom jacksons are what...over $2000 right? I doubt you want to spend that much. If you already have a great amp and everything else then thats one thing, but thats a lot for one guitar right off.

If you really want 24 frets i'd just go with a different guitar, but you seem to have answered your own question by saying you never miss them.

Custom Jackson Guitars Are AWESOME..but..before you go dumping cash on one, I would wait. I suggest you get another guitar untill you are SURE of what you want on the Custom.
Jackson makes other GREAT guitars with 24 frets, get used USA Jackson of another sort and when you have the $$ and know what you want..get it.

Well dude, as i said in a thread on the CoB board.

24fret jacksons (Unless done bobs way) is a fucking rip off.

they are charging an extra £1000 for 1.5 inches extra wood on the fingerboard and 2 bars of nickel/stainless stell (Cant remember what jackson use)...

I would say, unless you're a performing artist with a lot of money then a 24fret rhoads is pretty retarded.

That said, if you're sure what you want and dont mind having a blank headstock.

www.warmoth.com have rhoads bodies and sell 24fret extension boards (22fret neck with the extra 2 build on). this is really good if you can be bothered building it as its a lot cheaper, but with a 24fret board you CANT have a neck pup on a warmoth guitar (The 2extra 2 frets cover the cavity) but it works like £2000 cheaper.

its your call, i've got MSN and AIM if you wanna talk about this.

NeedledWarheart said:
Well dude, as i said in a thread on the CoB board.

24fret jacksons (Unless done bobs way) is a fucking rip off.

they are charging an extra £1000 for 1.5 inches extra wood on the fingerboard and 2 bars of nickel/stainless stell (Cant remember what jackson use)...

alright thanks everyone. i thought more about it, and ill prolly go with a RR1 and get work done on it. my dad is good friends with roger sadowsky who owns a guitar ocmpany in New York, so i could prolly get alot of work done there for little money. scallop the upper frets, change the pups, that kinda stuff.

NeedledWarheart said:
Yeah.

Or go with a BC rich :lol:

Jes' Kidding, post pics when you get it and when the work is finished.

ironically, i live in NJ where the "good" B.C. Riches are made, and ive yet to play a non shitty above entry level model. guitar center is evil and only carries shit jacksons, bc riches, and no esps....stupid store... :Smug:

dude...
NJ stands for Nagoya Japan.

The NJ series were made in Japan, in Nagoya untill a few years ago where production went to korea. :lol:

How can an import BC rich be made in the US :p

NeedledWarheart said:
dude...
NJ stands for Nagoya Japan.

The NJ series were made in Japan, in Nagoya untill a few years ago where production went to korea. :lol:

How can an import BC rich be made in the US :p

hehehe...ummm..LOOK THAT WAY!

::runs and hides::

hahaha like i said, not really my company...but i could swear i read in guitarworld that some bc richs are made in jersey. oh well.

Hahha, nope, the NJs are imports.

Hey, i have a question...

See if you lived in Korea. Would a Non-USA BC Rich be known as an import?

Lol, there is a brainteaser for ya.

NeedledWarheart said:
Hahha, nope, the NJs are imports.

Hey, i have a question...

See if you lived in Korea. Would a Non-USA BC Rich be known as an import?

Lol, there is a brainteaser for ya.

hmmm. i guess not.... o_O

quick question: i have my music finals soon! should my example piece be lake bodom or over the mountain by ozzy?