need help with a mix

LSD-Studio

HCAF crusher
Jul 2, 2006
Germany
www.lsd-tonstudio.de
just working on this mix (kinda a salvage job) and am stuck somehow....can't tell my ass from my elbow anymore and don't trust my ears.

si it'd be kind if you could lend me your's before I send this out ;)

BEWARE: this is everything but metal!

would be nice if you could help and comment anyway ;)

No Clue

thanks

(the clipping will be removed, just did a quick "pseudomaster" and didn't care too much for stuff like that)

I think it sounds really good! Personally, I´d bring the vox down just a notch. Maybe also make the bass just a little more pronounced and present especially from 2:03 part, that usually suits this kind of music well.

I think it sounds really good! Personally, I´d bring the vox down just a notch. Maybe also make the bass just a little more pronounced and present especially from 2:03 part, that usually suits this kind of music well.

thanks.

the problem with the bass is that it was like a 50€ bass that sounded totally shite and the pups were so damn microphonic that even though I used headphones with the player for tracking (no monitors) the drums are all over the basstrack, so I I had to settle for a couple of compromised with the bass ;)

kick not too boomy?

Aaah, I see :) That´s too bad! Anyway, I think you´ve done a great job for this kind of music, and since (IMHO) this usually isn´t very drum driven music, the kick sits in fine, a bit in the background.

Just my 2 cents (hope that made sense :)

Sounds like you used Slate snare samples, did you ?

Kick is fine for me.

The overall thing sounds fine. Maybe the snare is a bit too loud / has too much high-end/reverb or something

nope, no samples used (but a bit augmentation of the kit's own) used an assload of parallel compression, roommic and all kinds of stuff though.
don't own the slate samples (but I'll have to buy them I think, at least if they're really as good as anyone says, I tried/used them on the alestorm snare (augmentation) when Gavin brought his drive and kinda liked it)