Need help with a video

-CC-

Something in My Eye
Jan 12, 2009
I've started a series of youtube videos which consist of various pieces of metal songs that I find to be particularly great/bonechilling/fucking metal

Anyway, I've made two vids so far with roughly 18 songs in total, and I decided it would be fun to get some suggestions from other people that like different bands/songs, that way my videos will cater to a wider audience..

If you want to help, post the artist name, song name, and the part of the song that you want to be included (i.e. Bathory - Dies Irae (1:35-2:12)) and I'll consider putting it in!

Dimmu Borgir - The Chosen legacy, 3:05-3:20. Normally don't really care for dimmu borgir that much but my friend showed me this song and i literally shit myself when this drum part came up.

OK FINALLY I managed to make the movies..I was having problems, so I passed the editing duties to my film-making little brother back in the Valley, and he has now uploaded 3 of the videos..a couple of the songs I have taken notice from the Spine-Chill thread like the Candlemass song! I never realized how good A Sorcerer's Pledge really is..then again I haven't heard that song in ages! So any more suggestions would be great! I might even tell my brother to throw in your name in the credits :)

Here are the first 3 vids:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for double post but here is part 4:

Thanks a whole bunch aug! I'm going to listen through every one of them! This type of advice is above and beyond what I was looking for, cuz you even linked the video saving me the time to do it myself :)

And yes please give me feedback on the current 4, what choices were good, what choices were bad etc..

4:41-5:15

0:00-0:38

0:46-1:10

1:49-2:12

Cool idea, good choices.

Thanks a lot guys!!! I haven't had time to plot out part 5 because I've been getting an abundance of hours at work, especially now for the labor day weekend sales :(

Once again, I'm really thankful for the youtube uploads as well! It is really great to see this kind of response! I will make sure that if I use one of your recommendations that your UM forum name will appear in the video description!

And Avigrus, as long as you have a video editing program (in my brothers case, Vegas) it will convert mp3's into mpeg/avi format

Side note: I've recently been listening to a lot of Blut Aus Nord so I'm getting pumped to make the next video because there are a LOT of great parts to choose from their songs!

oh and EDIT: Please tell me what particular songs you thought were well chosen and which particular songs were poorly chosen! That way I can get an idea of what people like, since the series is after all called Greatest Moments in Metal, not My Personal Favorite Moments in Metal!

what i like most are parts that are heavy as fuck, stick out of the song, have a steady, driving rhythm and a badass "fuck off" attitude.

"creepy" parts, "atmospheric" parts, wanky guitar solos...these dont do anything for me unless they are really fucking good...and some clips in this thread arent imo.

Well if you could get mp3's onto it id suggest Amok's "Ebola To The People" off of the Sadistic Attack split with Taake, 1:34-2:00. Wish there was a vid for it.

4:13-end.

0:42-1:17

1:07-1:53

OK part 5 is up!

Thank you very much aug, metal_wrath and billy 100002! I used many of your suggestions! Billy you already nailed my choice for Blut Aus Nord, but I threw you credit anyway! Metal_wrath I used your choice of Entombed-Drowned, but I chose the beginning instead of the middle, I think it's more badass :), and aug, I actually wanted to put both the Behemoth and the Testament piece in, but I decided to go with a different Behemoth song in the end, but as soon as I get a hold of that Testament album I will put it up!

Please send more suggestions, they are all top-notch and I will definitely try and fit the ones you already posted in a future video!

Kickass vid and thanks for the credit.
Really liked the sound of the double bass on the first few choices and it made me think of this:

0:18-0:46

After some slacking off, part 6 is finally done and ready to show!

Enjoy, and please, more suggestions! Spinechilling moments, crushing riffs, moments that are impossible NOT to headbang to..post em all!