Need help with Alesis drums

Jeffro67

New Metal Member
Mar 30, 2016
I bought a used Alesis DM6 set a year ago and have gotten pretty decent piddling around, just a hobby, definitely not a pro. However the set has serious limitations and sounds pretty cheesy. Keep in mind I am NOT a computer guy, I have watched all the stuff on youtube and it looks beyond my abilities (programming, and all that). What I need help with is this... is there any cheap or free (and most important) EASY way to improve the sound of my drums? Is there a plug and play type of deal that will just make them sound more like a real drumset? Thanks for any help...

Check MT Power Drum kit out, probably better kit than your DM6 sounds, but there are also better ones if you're ready to invest some money in. You'll also need a host for that, Reaper is good for that. To get those work will need some work, but YouTube should have some good tutorials on how to use VSTi's and e-drums together.

If you later wanna check out some paid ones, check out EzDrummer, Steven Slate Drums and Superior Drummer. Or maybe NI Studio Drummer.