Need help with instructions!

M.Lehto

Jun 25, 2002
HEEELP, I should be making covers to 10" gatefold vinyl release and I have the pictures ready and everything, but I have no idea about this http://www.gzcd.com/en/doc/gatefold10.pdf . Could someone please explain what means what and please explain like you would do for 5 year old, I'm stupid with this. :loco:

Only think I can (or at least have some knowhow) use is Photoshop, if that's important information.

Looks like the numbers are the size in mm, and the right hand panel has flaps that will fold over for the other panel to be glued to. If you are only using photoshop, you basically only have to redaw that there and place the art where it needs to go. don't forget the 3mm bleed.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. One other guy will finnish the artwork, so I don't have to do this after all :)

Thanks anyway!

well this is an old thread but i was about to ask a similar question so i'd just put it here. i just did a cd case and a booklet for a friend many miles away...but i basically guessed at the size. i used 4.75" width by 4.715" height, that was what i found...didn't consider bleed but left plenty of room from the edge of the pages to the text. basically measured a cd case and used my guestimate for the back and cover and side tabs. did a 6 page booklet but then they could only afford 2 so i had to cram everything down. i worked at 600dpi eventhough that was stretching my images, thought it would help with the small text. had to use jpegs cause we were sending them over email...i even tried to upload those places and there would be sections missing. the biggest one which was 2 page spread was about 5mb. apparently they went to the printing place today and it was good to go....but i won't be satisfied until i see it in my hands. so for the future....

can someone please tell or link me to the exact dimensions, metric or inch units, including back cover and folded tabs on the side, dpi, color format, file format, and anything else i might need to know???
when you say 3 or 5mm bleed does that mean add that much extra to the pages or just stay that far away from where the pages might be cut off?
how do you go about doing a cd label? is there something in photoshop or illustrator for the circle? template or something?
also about submitting pages...do you give each page separate, or do you put the pages next to eachother like they're going to be printed and folded?

THANKS! later i will post link to images in the other thread.