need help with time correction of drums, will offer money!!

hoehlentroll

Mar 15, 2007
Mannheim, Germany
I don't have the knowledge to do time corrections of drums in cubase. I want to record my guitars riff by riff, which seems not possible when drums aren't always perfect on the click. We did our first record in a studio and the guy puzzled every single drum hit on the click. If you can do exactly that, please write me an offer.

what we want you to do:
- correct timings on every single hit (snare, hihat, cymbals, kick drum, toms)
- we made samples with different drum hits, I will give you the drumagog files for replacing
- create a good drum sound out of the samples provided, please leave it as natural as possible, but as modern/artificial as needed ;)
- you can listen to the clean drums and which drum sound I was going for here: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...s/415855-creating-our-own-ep-step-step-2.html

how we could do it:
- we'll put some tempo tracks and single wavefiles of the recording session on a ftp, which you could use to send them back to us --> international offers welcome, we're based in germany

what you'll get:
- credits on our cd
- some fun ;)
- we will pay for it of course. we're on a budget, but that's negotiable

We do need some credits from you though. Best would be if you could do a test song (or a part of a song). If you're interested send me pm or post in this thread and I'll pm you the files directory.

EDIT MORE INFOS:
for some more infos about drum tracking: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...reating-our-own-ep-step-step.html#post7485672
I'll pm user and pass, because of security reasons.
tempo in this song is 200 bpm all the time.
here you'll find the full drumkit samples: http://www.servoserver.de/ep/hatchery_kit.rar
I tried to drumagog snare, kick and toms to kill the bleeding so maybe you could use the samples we recorded. But that's up to you how you do it ;)

maybe that'S important too: We recorded 5 songs for our ep. The engineer we recorderd our last cd with did 9 tracks in about one and 1/2 days (you can listen to some song on www.myspace.com/hatcherymetal). So it shouldn't take you too long ;)

ONE MORE ADDITION:
I want to hear different attempts and price offers and will do the deal with the guy that sounds the best. If that's ok for you, just feel free to do make me an price offer and do a demo. I also understand, that doing a demo is also a lot of work and maybe (if you don't get the deal) it won't get paid. In this case just make an price offer via pm and name some myspace/mp3 whatever, where you did the drums. although a demo would be a plus factor ...

And please remember, if this sounds harsh/strange to you, keep in mind that I'm not a native speaker, so it's hard for me to describe what I want ... whatever ;)

LINK TO FTP: http://www.servoserver.de/ep/drumediting-test
user: "editor"
pas: "hellyeah"

depends on how long it will take you (5 songs) to edit the songs. as I said above the engineer we worked with (the owner of the studio is on this forum by the way) needed 1 1/2 days for editing 9 songs. that's about 12 hours in total for 9 songs. he takes 200€ for one day in the studio.
Since we're talking about 5 songs it should be about (200€ * 1.25)/2=125€. because I want to have the fx-ing/eq-ing/punch-ifying whatever also we're talking about roughly 160€ -180€ or sth. but it really depends on how long it will take you and how good the end result will be. I want the price to be fair in the end, so correct if my totaly wrong. It's nothing I think about every day ;)
and c'mon you know better what your prices are, I just do wanna get ripped-off ;)
possibly I'll need some help in the final mixing phase (not sure about yet), which will be paid also.

I've do drum editing, and if the drummer actually plays with the click then it's workable. If not, then you'll end up paying a lot more for the work cause it'll take a helluv alot longer. Obviously right?

Anywho, why not get the drums edited and bounced out to separate tracks w/o samples and then let the mixing engineer worry about sampling etc? I assume you tracked ur drums to sound great in the first place? Cause if you get someone to basically do a submix of your drums and send you that, then you're stuck with those EQ decisions and compression settings later on in the project...

Unless I'm misunderstanding ur last post.

Cause if you get someone to basically do a submix of your drums and send you that, then you're stuck with those EQ decisions and compression settings later on in the project...
you're probably right, but if processed result sounds good (which I wanted to decide by listening to demo) it should be ok. We recorded by performing to a click, still you're not always 100% on click. But the timing should be roughly correct. But still it's hard to track other instruments riff by riff (and copy some things :Smug:) with timing fluctuation.
I could have done the job myself but it would take me ages to get into it and do it because I never worked with real drums before, and I simply don't have the time at the moment, cause I'm writing my diploma thesis at university.

Did the drummer play to a click when recording? If so...this will be pretty easy with Pro Tools Elastic Audio. If not, then good luck to however does this. If your drummer recorded to a click I'm interested. If not...I've got too much on my plate right now.