Need helpful ears (AxeFX/SupMF/BKP Aftermath) melodicsemidjentdeathgroovethingy

Monsterhulk

New Metal Member
Jan 26, 2010
Hi folks :headbang:,

i know it is hard for anyone in this forum to write critix, hints or comments for every new posted song ...

but though i know it i post mine too and hope that one or two of you could leave one or two comments to help me to improve my mix/guitar/drum or whatever sound :worship: ...

at first i introduce a little of my equipment :guh:

Guit: Ibanez RG1527 with BKP Aftermath in the bridge
Bass: Stagg 5-String with 3 years old strings
Drums: Superior /MF
"Amp": AxeFX for everything with strings

ok ... and here is the song called "Barratz" ... it is a german word and means ... no ... it is no german word and it means nothing as far as i know ... if anyone has a word in his language i would like to know what it means :lol:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10498072

so enough babblin around ... i hope you enjoy it a little and leave some comments :bah: critix :puke: or whatever :hotjump: ...

i know it is hard ...

Greatz M

mix sounds very good to me.
guitar is a bit out of time on that guitartheme between 1 and 1:20

Thx for the replies realy appreciate your effort of listening

thou i didn t think i can improve by this ;)

@jagarock ... hey dude ... you are the first remarking this ... it was surely not the only "issue" ... this song is not played very well ... it was just for the mix ... but hey ...
you have realy listened to it ... have you heard the springs of my tremolo system too ?? ... realy annoying ;)

@Day-dreamer ... i ll try it

Superior /MF with a Nir-Z Snare blended in thru X-Drums
All EQ, Comp and Filter are made IN the Superior (most of them on the busses)
I ve routed every single track in superior to the superior busses and the busses to da DAW (multitrack)
There is no parallel compression but bus-compression in the DAW on the drum bus

think that was not too detailed but it helps to get the main points of it

hope there are some more comments, critix, hinz or questions out there

Greatz M

Everything else is perfect to my ears but i'm not really a fan of that snare sound. Sounds a little dry and wooden to me. Maybe blend in some other snare to beef it up a bit? Othervise this is an amazing mix!

Thank you very much ... i realy appreciate it

@wyldechyld ... Thank you 4 da kind words ... always glad to hear something like this :D

@Dull_eylsium ... you re not the first one pointing at the snare ... seems that some like it and some not ... would realy like to know why ... but you re the first one who meant it to be to dry and wooden ...
the most say boomy ... hmmm ...

But anyway ... this is good to know for me i ll for sure will try some other shoots with the snare ... anyone some tips ???? anything else to write about?

Greatz M