Need info on the tour with Nile

dolphz

Black Heart
Aug 21, 2001
Elmhurst, Ill. USA
Visit site
I am contemplating going to the DT/Nile tour next friday at the Vic in Chicago, but I need some info. How long do Nile and DT play? Any set list for the DT set yet? How are SYL live? Thanks.
I am surprised there is no thread on the tour here (or maybe I just missed it).

I just went last night.

DT played a quick set but it was really good. I dunno if it was just the pound in SF but the place was fucking packed. which ruined it. SYL sucks. but hey i dont like em. allota people said they were good. The Bezerker was decent. really off tempo though. I didnt stay for anything else. Nile was last after napalm death. and it was getting to the point were an ambulance had to be called in cause people were hurting eachother in the pit. not a cool scene. Dt Rocked. rest = meh. cept i am a nile fan so i wish i could see them

i was at nile last night, sucky ass SF industrial area.. car got broken into... ANYWAY! Here is the nile set:

Chapter for Transforming into a Snake
Serpent Headed Mask
Howling of the Jinn
The Blessed Dead
The Black Flame
Execration Text
Smashing the Antiu
Ramses Bringer of War
Wind of Horus
Stones of Sorrow
Kheftiu Asar Butchiu
Sarcophagus
Masturbating the War God
Defiling the Gates of Ishtar
Black Seeds of Vengeance
Destruction of the Temple of the Enemies of Ra

Thats all the songs, though the order may be off by one or two in the middle. It was about 90 minutes i think. Didnt see DT, was just too crowded.. went in for napalm death, but im not familiar with their material so it mostly washed over me. I woulda liked to hear the guitars more, the mix wasnt so great for them imo. Nile was great though... i think with that many bands should have been at the warfield or something, there were just too many people. I suspect the pound (or whoever does the metal show business) overbooked as usual

I also went to the San Francisco gig. The Berzerker, Strapping Young Lad and Dark Tranquillity all get 30 minutes (at SF, DT got 25), Napalm Death plays an hour and Nile generally plays an hour and ten minutes.

SYL is absolutely AWESOME live. I saw them last year when they did the west coast tour as well. You wanna talk about heavy! :) A lot of people at the SF show I don't think knew who SYL was, but nearly all of the crowd was REALLY into them. They were quite hard to photograph though since they were about two inches away from my face. I did MUCH better with DT. The Pound was already sold out at 4pm and they did sell a few more at the door, so yes, it was oversold. There were still about 300 people outside that never were able to get in. Opeth next week will be the same way.