Info on the US Tour Mech, Anyone???

Caotico said:
lta_back.jpg
Was it intended that the writing "Character us ..." fits pretty well with the album's theme, or just a coincidence due to it being the US tour?

@KC: yeah, that's what it says. i find it very cheesy too. i have it (in a different cut) and will never wear it*.

*(because it's pretty damn big).
(why do they always have to assume everyone is fat?)

I have the girlie too, only it's sleeveless

and yes i find it cheesy, too but what the hell
i'd like that hoodie though

@Siren & Hitori: Huh? Why would you buy something if you consider it cheesy? o_O

Oh wait... perhaps there is something I'm unaware of? Yeah, that's a possibility.

:tickled:

@wildfyr: i didn't buy it, it was a present (and i'm very thankful for it). ;)
if it would fit me i guess i would come to terms with the cheesiness eventually. :p

lta_back.jpg

Am I the only one who really dislikes shirts like these? I mean you have a design that looks great, but then there's a stonkin' gret lump of writing plastered on top of it. And it's not even interesting writing, just a list of dates and venues. It's not just this one, all tour shirts seem a little silly to me.

That hoodie does look damn good though...

@wildfyr
because i wanted a DT tshirt and it's rare to find one around these parts, specially one that actually fits

@rusty
well those shirts are to let people know that not only do you like the band, you've also seen them live...
:p i like them though

why, oh why, wasn't the hoodie available in europe? i just hop it'll appear here eventually...

Rusty said:
Am I the only one who really dislikes shirts like these? I mean you have a design that looks great, but then there's a stonkin' gret lump of writing plastered on top of it. And it's not even interesting writing, just a list of dates and venues. It's not just this one, all tour shirts seem a little silly to me.

agreed.
or, well, not "really dislikes", but i'd only get one if the design of it was better than the ones without tour dates printed.

Ah. Ok. Had a feeling there might be pertinent facts that were not previously apparent. (*oblivious* ?) :loco:
Thanks for filling us in on the details ;-) although I'm still confused about the size issue.

Is it too big or too small?

I haven't purchased many girlie tops but did like the Vital Remains girlie that was available last year. Evidently they are usually the one-size (supposedly) fits all. When I picked up the VR top and looked at it I had to laugh. Then said something like: "Pfffffff... I'll never fit into that!" (and I'm not that "gifted" upstairs if you catch my drift :^) But the girlie tops do stretch. It's a snug fit and I think that's the intent, so if a woman (or girlie) is too self conscious about her form then she might wish to avoid wearing garments like girlie tops.

@wildfyr: For me, girlie tops are usually too big. I've got 3 DT girlies. Only one of them (with the mind's eye symbol) fits me perfectly. The damage done one is ok, it's a bit spacey for me (size is Small/Medium), but not too bad, so i don't mind it. But the one with the above design is an L-sized spaghetti top (the only one my friend could find), so it's a no no. :(
But seeing this is a different cut there might be different sizes as well. Hope you have luck with it. :)

Phew. Ok. I was hoping what I wrote before wasn't misconstrued as an insult. I meant no disrespect to anyone. It's true that I don't buy many girlie tops. Even less are the times that I wear the ones I have vs tees and longsleeves because, well, at times I have to include myself in that category of self-conscious women. :\ Yeah, I suppose I'm that at times but still trying to work on it. :Spin: As my buddies in the Chicago band Smoke would say: 'Let Go tha Eeeeeeego' \m/

Anyway, thanks! I appreciate your input, Siren. A total of 3 band girlie tops reside in my wardrobe. Two of them are the snug, form-fitting tee types and the other is a looser spaghetti strap type. I've worn them out in public but, unless it's too hot, I prefer to have a blazer jacket, longsleeve, or something else along to wear over it if I start to feel cold, or too self conscious. ;-)

Damn. The DT g-top must really be small - microscopic?! - if I wasn't able to find it in the merch booth. :p

wildfyr said:
Damn. The DT g-top must really be small - microscopic?! - if I wasn't able to find it in the merch booth. :p
:lol:

maybe it came in a g-string form after all? :p

oh, and you're welcome, glad to have been of service. :)

I dunno, Siren, maybe. I'm the dumbass who missed it. ;)

This came in earlier... Found this while surfing by a music news site... Snagged the address of this amusing rotating ad at the top of the site before it rotated its ass off the screen:

http://shop.blistering.com/advertising/systemdownclothing-728x90-2.jpg

:lol:

OMG, a P-shoppers delight! ;-) You know what? There should be a male-gender version of an ad like this. Wouldn't you agree? It's only fair, right?

It could be a project for someone! :D

hey everyone I'm seeing Dark Tranquillity at HOB Anaheim this Friday and I was wondering what other merchandise will they be selling besides shirts and hoodies? Will they have CDs too?

Word of advice: Buy your DT merch before the show. The medium and large T-shirts and hoodies sold out at the Anaheim show. Of course the supply will be replenished.