Need mixing advice...Also guess the amp! Accept - Tuetonic Terror Cover

I prefer the softer master. Yeah, the guitars are a bit too loud but that's really the only thing. With some vocals it'll kill.

Where do one find a vocalist like Mark Tornillo??? that guy is insane.
I also noticed the loud guitars. will fix that and post again.

Very nice and heavy mix you got and cool song! I'm glad to see there's more on this board "than rate my ****core mix".

Guitars are a tad too loud?

Thanx man!

Hell yeah! :kickass:

Thanks for directing me to this Steven! :D

Accept kills man!!!

Will fix those guitars and post again.

Anyone want to guess the amp? :loco:

really dont like the guitars. dont sound natural at all. bass guitar sounds sick! but the actual guitars have a really nasally tone to them, like the guitar sound from "symphony x - paradise lost" or "psycroptic - observant"....i dont think its necessarily a bad tone, its just really boring lol

really dont like the guitars. dont sound natural at all. bass guitar sounds sick! but the actual guitars have a really nasally tone to them, like the guitar sound from "symphony x - paradise lost" or "psycroptic - observant"....i dont think its necessarily a bad tone, its just really boring lol

Not natural? This was not an ampsim. it's a real amp :err:

the bass was fake though...

I think the bass needs some more work there are notes where it just goes "boom". It's evident at the end of the clip when there's an ugly build-up of mid-low frequencies during the drum fill. You wanna cut some more in the mid-lows and/or slam it with a compressor a lot harder.

Not natural? This was not an ampsim. it's a real amp :err:

the bass was fake though...

oh hahahaa...well then, be that the case or not, i think the guitars have an unnatural sound to them. i think its because they have a slight buzz to them...almost sounds like the sort of buzzy shit you get when an instrument clips. im sure they arent clipping, but theres definitely a sound in there which bothers me im afraid :p

oh hahahaa...well then, be that the case or not, i think the guitars have an unnatural sound to them. i think its because they have a slight buzz to them...almost sounds like the sort of buzzy shit you get when an instrument clips. im sure they arent clipping, but theres definitely a sound in there which bothers me im afraid :p

Hehe i get what you are saying :yow: On closer inspection I also heard it.

Any suggestions on how to fix it? I'm getting the amp biased though. maybe its that?

Hehe i get what you are saying :yow: On closer inspection I also heard it.

Any suggestions on how to fix it? I'm getting the amp biased though. maybe its that?

hmm, well, this might be worth a try, but i cant make any promises....

i think the guitars sound very low endy and also very toppy, without too much substance in the middle (not a complaint, just personal preference means it isnt my favoured kind of guitar tone). i THINK maybe if you reduce some of the high end (very slightly) and maybe boost the mids a bit, that you could possibly alleviate some of that buzz, but im not too sure.

im only not sure because that buzz might be a certain frequency that you can cut out, or it might be something that is actually coming through with the amp you are using, in which case, there will be no way of getting rid of it by mixing it any further.

have a listen back to the amp youre using, and see if that clippy buzzy sound comes through on the amp. if it does, then youll need to get rid the buzz, and then possibly re-record the guitars or something. if it doesnt come through on the amp, then its probably a frequency that you can remove with oZone or some other EQing thingy on the recording that you already have of the guitars...

i think that all made sense, but im probably talking pure shit that isnt actually readable :p