Testament - The Preacher (Cover) Need helpzzz.

Nice! I enjoyed it overall. The vocals aren't really blending in the mix, they kind of sit on top, maybe some more ambience and work on the EQ and automation more. The guitars could come up a hair also to me or maybe just have a touch more mids (I know these guys actual tones are really scooped too though). Snare has a weird papery frequency somewhere in there I'm not loving, maybe too much bottom mic or just too much of a mid peak somewhere.

For what its worth i think its sounds great. Most glaring is it sounds like there was a sock over the vocal mic. Is it a condenser? Needs more highs. Also some of the dubs are awkward. Maybe just slightly less gain on the guitars if you're not committed already although they do sound pretty much like Testament geetz. The fuzz almost takes away from some tight ass playing.

I wish i could get my recordings that glued and stable so i shouldnt be telling you shit.

Good job dude!

Thanks for the comments man! I completely agree with the vocals though!
The mic was a SM57 without a pop filter. I cut out a lot of highs because of the "ssssssss". But I will try bringing out the highs without bringing out the "sssssss" :p

Yeah I actually prefer the amount of gain on the geetz. It makes it sound huge.

Nice! I enjoyed it overall. The vocals aren't really blending in the mix, they kind of sit on top, maybe some more ambience and work on the EQ and automation more. The guitars could come up a hair also to me or maybe just have a touch more mids (I know these guys actual tones are really scooped too though). Snare has a weird papery frequency somewhere in there I'm not loving, maybe too much bottom mic or just too much of a mid peak somewhere.

I struggle to get the vocals to sit in the mix. I think a bit of reverb will make them sit better though. I'll definitely check out the snare. I actually hear it too now.

Thanks for the comments :D