Need opinions/expierience with mic Purchase!

John Haddad (Shiva Industries)

Dump Truck Repairs
Nov 17, 2005
Corona, CA
www.trenchstudio.com
I'm in the market for a new pair of overhead mics, I currently have and use a pair of 414 XLS TLII's and A a Pair of Octava MK012's Both Are kinda not doing it for me. The akg's sound good but over all to roomy sounding and not as focused as I would like, where the Octava's sound boxxy and Almost "Processed" in a way. I like the octava's for room mics however:)

Anyone other than andy use the Neumann KM 184's? or know how they sound in comparison to the mics I have.

I'm looking up to a 700.00 price range per mic if anyone has a suggestions.

I know ebay always has good deals on great mics.

Thanks Guys!

KM84 are killers. They are not produced anymore, and quite rare on the used market, but if you can find them it's a great deal, they are awesome mics !

The KM184 are a bit too brillant, and the KM84 are widely prefered their successor.

josephson c42's are great and worth checking out.
Also, I have a pair of 451's (the old interchangable capsule style) and I like them a lot although they are quite bright.

Sly said:
KM84 are killers. They are not produced anymore, and quite rare on the used market, but if you can find them it's a great deal, they are awesome mics !

The KM184 are a bit too brillant, and the KM84 are widely prefered their successor.

I looked em up they seem be something worth looking into, Not too many on ebay actually only saw one for 900.00.

Thanks for the advice guys.:headbang: