Need PA....Advise Please?

dmmi

Mar 23, 2010
Looking for a PA to plug in bass, vox, and a guitar (after mfx).

It needs to be able to keep up with peavey half stack and fiberglass drums (loud) and is mainly for jams only....not live at this point

I currently have a digital mixer.....so powered speakers only, OR power amp + speakers.

Any thoughts? (hopefully under 1K.....as I don't need boutique, just for jams)

Thanks.....Cheers!

Edmonton, Canada....but have estimated shippings cost from online retailers such as zzounds, musicians friend and they aren't too bad.

I've been looking at the behringer options, Peavey 215R (ithink).....mackie thump, musicians friend Kustom 2x15 + crown or QSC, or Behringer Power amp.

My concerns:

- Bass response (you know so the bass player doesn't bitch)
- distortion/amplitude (want clarity at higher jam volumes
- can't test in the store....so need sound/performance opinions from metal players

I was even thinking of a pair of 10" speakers and a sub....

Thanks....Cheers!!

Yeah those b215d's are copies of the mackie srm450, which are loud as fuck. If you want low end that you are actually gonna feel, you really need to get at least one powered 18" sub

Thanks guys....got 2 Behringer B215XL's and a Behringer EP 4000 in my shopping cart at zzounds....Total comes to $942 USD including shipping and pa speaker poles. Don't know if I'm gonna pull the trigger on that yet, as I may be switching jobs soon.....but appreciate the feedback!