need some advice...

Supernova

Jan 15, 2005
The Disclosure
well to sum it up

I mostly have been listenin to death metal in the 90's...lime Carcass, Suffocation, Napalm death, Obituary etc etc

but I NEVER stopped to listen to Hypocrisy since it was my fav band and all...

so I wanted to know...now in 2005, what bands that sound a bit like Hypocrisy should I dig?

I have nightmares made flesh from BLOODBATH, fucking A

of course I know of Cradle of filth....I think it is so-so

In Flames? Emperor?

WHHAAAATTTTT???

thx

If you like Hypocrisy, you should appreciate bands like:

Dark Tranquillity
In Flames (their older stuff is probably more up your alley)
At the Gates
Nightrage
The Crown
Arsis
Insomnium
The Duskfall
Amorphis

I can't really find too many bands that I could really compare with Hypocrisy. But these are just a few of the bands I listen to, along with Hypocrisy.

Heh mate!

I know Dark Tranquility, I saw em live with Hypocrisy last Spring for the North American tour, and yep its pretty good

and about Amorphis, I forgot to mention that it was also one of my fave band and I never really stopped listening to it

Elegy is really an awesome album :headbang:

Yeah, I saw that tour in Hartford. I only wish that DT and Hypocrisy had longer setlists. Soilwork was still pretty good though. As for Amorphis, I'm looking forward to their new album, Eclipse, even though I'm pretty disappointed that Pasi left the band. I like Far From the Sun, but I think that's probably their weakest album. I think Eclipse will be a return to the heavier Amorphis.

Another band that I've really been into lately is Illdisposed, particularly the 1-800 Vindication album. Some pretty catchy tunes on there without crossing over that dreaded nu-metal line. Highly recommended album.