Need some advices for Krank recording

Djabthrash: Yes it is! Glad that you like this band! (et contente de voir un autre francais par ici :))

The_Shred: Mesa Dual Recto is still a good choice, i hesitated with it and the krank in the past.
I know Rob Zombie, and like some of his stuff, but i don't think that is the sound i want even if it's a good beginning. But it's interesting that you think that. What did you remember the rob zombie's sound exactly? i assume it's the guitar but can you tell me more about?
And i recorded my guitarist who played the clip.

Radd: thanks :) i'm going to test with the bass, even if it's not the sound i want yet. Maybe the bass will help me to have a better sound.

Well its quite hard to describe...I thought it partly because the riff itself sounds kinda RZ style. His sound is kinda gritty and "industrial" not really in the for front of the mix like Arch Enemy style...damn its hard! Quite scooped but with a lot low end and power! Yeah I love my Mesa! :kickass:

Djabthrash: Yes it is! Glad that you like this band! (et contente de voir un autre francais par ici :))

I also forgot to tell you that your clip sounds really close to the original Pissing Razors recording, which sounds awesome :)

on va de surprise en surprise sur ce forum avec tous ces Frenchies avides de secrets du gros son !

je t'ai ajouté sur myspace (moi c'est djabthrash). Tu fais de supers photos dis donc !

Je vais sûrement au Chaos Fest à Marseille le WE du 29 Septembre, on se verra ptêt là bas qui sait :)

The_Shred: ahah ok! thanks for your feeling!:lol:

Djabthrash: thanks :), i wanted to go to the chaos fest too, but i couldn't. However, i'll go to see Soilwork, in the same place on october the 13th. Peut-être que je te verrai aussi ;)

Wolfeman: Thanks for your feeling about my andy's pics :oops:!

Andy: Thanks for your advice :). I'm going to test it. I must build a box for my 2x12 before, cause the amp is in my control room...hum my bedroom :kickass:!!

Moreover, if anybody have plans or threads about building a box, i'm concerned!

Well, till then i have the box, i searched for a bass sound, i thought that the sansamp bass driver DI gave me a sound too much direct. So, i bought the pack bass from line6 for many cabs. I made a quick test in order to complete my krank.
Let me know what you think about, check out those called Test with the Bass at http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=442255

The bass sounds fine I guess. I personally would want it to stand out more so it's more noticeable. I'm thinking its tone matches the guitars tone to much, not having it's own identity, sort of. :erk:

As far as an isolation box:
http://www.curtshaw.com/isolation cab.htm

I built an isolation box for my Randall isolation cab because it wasn't very quiet. The link above that I had found is basically how I built it. Since I already had the Randall iso cab, I didn't use any drywall. I did however use Owen Cornings 703 insulation and it helped greatly.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/289953-randall-iso-cab-review-isolating-my-iso-cab.html

Down a couple of posts where it says "Update", I explain it in more detail.

Things you should know is that it's going to be big and bulky and real heavy, especially if you use drywall. It's still going to leak pretty loud bass frequencies, well depending on how loud you have it and how much you isolate. Getting a great tone may be very difficult. You may want to consider using impulses instead.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=525552

All the tone testing on my soundclick page is with the iso cab inside the iso box. As you can hear, nothing outstanding yet. Good luck.

Djabthrash: thanks :), i wanted to go to the chaos fest too, but i couldn't. However, i'll go to see Soilwork, in the same place on october the 13th. Peut-être que je te verrai aussi ;)

I'm not sure if i'm gonna see Soilwork yet. Maybe...

If you miss Chaos Fest you're gonna miss the band EYELESS especially (friends of mine in Montpellier). I think you've already heard about them but if not check their myspace page : www.myspace.com/eyeless

they're pretty badass :)