Need some feeback on this mix

RokitProd

Mar 3, 2015
Really need some new ears on this.. Any help appretiated

Last edited by a moderator:
nice mix.

two things that hit me personally... the kick was a little annoying. needs to 'blend' more. the mix seems kinda wide too, like nothing substantial up the middle from what i'm hearing. are you using some kind of widener on the master buss? if so, i'd back off - or maybe remove altogether.

I like the production, two things hit me as well,

Boomy, uncontrollable subs from the bass guitar (and lack of mids perhaps, in the general mix)

I think vocals are peaking slightly hard in certain parts, while being good in others, first verse feels more peaky than chorus which sounds good to my ear

Also maybe glue between kit and rest, for example kick like earlier stated, but I don't think it's annoying so it didn't really catch my attention.

@schust: Thanks man! I've kinda been drawn more to drum driven mixes as of late, where I focus a lot of attention on the kick and snare. I kinda agree now that you say it though that the kick is probably a little loud in the mix, same probably goes for the snare? I'm also noticing the stereo separation more and more, I pretty much put a widener on everything that went through the middle except for kick, snare, bass and main vocals. I'm gonna try to dial it back abit to see if it gets more pleasant! Thanks for the tips man

@SvartSomSynd: Thanks! I'll experience with adding some more mids to the bass and partially the guitars while trying to keep it clean. By peaking you mean clipping? Haven't really noticed any clipping in the vocals. I tried listening for it but still can't hear it :p

Hi,
Cool song and nice vocals!
I'd change the guitars tone to make it deeper (with a wider frequency-responce).
The drums are out of the mix a bit, as guys has already pointed out.

@SvartSomSynd: Thanks! I'll experience with adding some more mids to the bass and partially the guitars while trying to keep it clean. By peaking you mean clipping? Haven't really noticed any clipping in the vocals. I tried listening for it but still can't hear it :p

Na, I don't mean clipping, level fluctuating a bit during the verses and popping out from the mix in certain words, I think it's quite subtle
Example is 0:33-0:44 like right in the beginning of the verse
While for example 1:08-1:38 sounds more controlled to me :D

edit: if you wanna make it more obvious, you can check the mix in some cheap mid-heavy earbuds, and you will hear what I mean I think

Thanks for the feedback guys! Gonna remove the file now as it's not yet been released, and I'll take everything into consideration for the next mix! :)