need some ideas, help would be appreciated

Enemy242

Jun 27, 2004
CA
www.myspace.com
so my band is opening for pro-pain, sworn enemy and mantic ritual at the key club in la this sunday and we were going to close the set with Angel Of Death. however turns out that mantic ritual is covering a slayer song too so we don't want to do that, we need a song from a band from LA that everyone will know and want to rage to but we can't come up with anything. So far we're thinking megadeth but not sure and it can't be that complicated since we have to learn it in 2 days. any help would be appreciated.

You should play Kill The King by Megadeth, real easy to learn, and the solo can be improvised if you really wanted to ;)

The tabs for the song can be found here, as well as others.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah we're opening the show so they'll be the copycats haha! i've been thinking Holy Wars by Megadeth but I gotta be honest I don't think I can learn all those riffs and solos in 2 days along with vocals at the same time. We can learn something in 2 days, we're practicing like 6 hours a day so if anyone has any other good ideas I'd really appreciate it, its just kinda hard to find a song from an LA band that everyone will know that we can learn in 2 days.

Does this work? If you're learning it in 2 days, probably best to ear it out, I did (Even if I can't play it...).

I need a song that everyone knows and will rage to, i'm thinking we'll just end up sticking with angel of death and fuck it, you can never have too much slayer.

That's the spirit...Though you could always play Linchpin from Fear Factory

...Or, Slave Labor

fuck i didn't even think of that haha! that actually would be absolutely awesome but we ended up learning angel of death today at practice and I don't think we could learn a completely new thing in 1 day but next time we'll do Kickstart my heart! I'll soundcheck with some Motley Crue for sure.

one thing that'll be kinda cool is slayer is actually playing that night about an hour away so it'll be like we're having our own little slayer show since we're covering angel of death and mantic ritual is covering the antichrist later that night haha. the only shitty part is thats probably going to probably take a ton of the draw, hopefully some people will show up because they don't like the shitty mayhem fest thing or they can't afford to pay those insane ticket prices/fees.

What I wanna know is if you're gonna finally tell Mantic Ritual they're a bunch of Metallica rip-off fags to their face, since you hate them so much. ;)

You gotta admit that after going around and around about them, this is pretty ironic.

You're tuned to D? Play Low from Testament...I know they're from SF but fuck it.

What I wanna know is if you're gonna finally tell Mantic Ritual they're a bunch of Metallica rip-off fags to their face, since you hate them so much. ;)

You gotta admit that after going around and around about them, this is pretty ironic.

You're tuned to D? Play Low from Testament...I know they're from SF but fuck it.

I actually didn't talk to them at all but seeing them live to be honest didn't change my mind about them at all.

I'm not trying to bash them but the club was pretty empty and it looks like they gave it their best but the singer seemed pretty awkward/nervous without the crowd, probably because they're used to having a way bigger crowd than we had that night (there was almost no one there due to slayer playing).

I still think they suck but they are cool dudes, they complimented our guitarist about his pedalboard (its all his pedals on a skateboard with no wheels) and they didn't seem to have any ego which was pretty cool but yes, every song still sounded like metallica rip off and each song felt like they blended into one another.

We ended up not doing a cover at all actually, we figured since there were so people there fuck it, we're just going to cut our set one song short and start a bit late to let more people come in which the venue was cool with, We got a static cam of our show which sounds good so I'll probably have some videos up sometime. One thing though even though the show wasn't a huge success it was really fun to play a professional club and the guitarist from Sworn Enemy said we were awesome and at least 4 people came up to me and said we really ripped it up and were awesome, along with a bouncer who was hella cool and loved Oakland and the Raiders haha.

If you're gonna do some Crue, do Shout At The Devil. It's Satanic, plus you can get the hole crowd participation thing going with the "SHOUT! SHOUT! SHOUT!"