Need some mic help...

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
Me and my band are probably going to be starting recording vocals and shit soon, so I need some advice on what to get :D

We will be recording vocals, and a sax, and we don't really want to spend more than £70-£100

I've only got a line 6 GX and can borrow a Art MP pre amp, so all we need is a mic, but are there any that are around this price, that would work for clean and screamed vocals, and a sax?

Any help or advice would be awesome dudes :kickass:

In that price range your probably looking at a 57, which would be ok all of those departments.

Sounds like a 57 is the way to go then :D

I'm fucking broke though, so I'll try and get my singer to buy it because hes the one using the thing haha

get one used on ebay. best bet would be to have two... one with the transformer, one without and check what sounds better.

fake mics seem to be a problem recently. I just bought a whole set of audix mics from ebay in the us. Now I'm a bit scared they're fake. Any chance to check on that?

Audix is probably safe as it's not the most common mic brand in the marketplace. The most common fakes are 57's, 58's and Sennheiser vocals mic's as far as I know. Oktava fakes are also floating around.