need some opinions on my dubstep/electro shit

updog

May 9, 2009
Finland
i've made some electronic stuff on and off for a year or so but never got around publishing it anywhere. i've got this one song that my friends keep telling me to put up somewhere so i thought i'd show it to you guys and see if it's worth putting on youtube etc. it's from last year, but every now and then i dig it up and find myself thinking it could have some potential.

another thing is that it's of this new wave of dubstep that seems to still be big but it's different as it has many different parts instead of just the two or three usually used in dubstep songs, in that way i could almost say it resembles a metal song more than an electronic one. do you guys find it works at all, or should music like this just be simpler??

anyway, i thought if i'm ever going to release this stuff it's now or never, so check it out! bear with me even if you'll only find the 8-bit beginning hilarious :lol: i love NES so i had to incorporate some 8-bit in it:

http://soundcloud.com/no-dice-dubstep

even if you don't really like stuff like this a comment is welcome, i'd find even "sounds as bad as the rest of the genre" a compliment :lol:

edit. how do soundcloud player?

It sounds pretty good, the only things im noticing is the overuse of kicks and that the songs starts way to fast(For the genre that is.).
But to me it still sounds pretty good. :)

It sounds pretty good, the only things im noticing is the overuse of kicks and that the songs starts way to fast(For the genre that is.).
But to me it still sounds pretty good. :)

thanks man!

do you think it should start a bit later? i'm pretty sick of every single new dubstep track dropping at exactly 0:55 so i was trying to go for something different. i can see how it would make things bit too hectic though but i've heard this so many times i've grown deaf to what would work better :lol:

thanks man!

do you think it should start a bit later? i'm pretty sick of every single new dubstep track dropping at exactly 0:55 so i was trying to go for something different. i can see how it would make things bit too hectic though but i've heard this so many times i've grown deaf to what would work better :lol:

Thats not really what i meant, but i do love that 0:55 thing.. it completely destroyed dub for me. :lol:

But keep the first kick that comes after the reverse reverb and keep the ones in the break about 6-7sec in, but remove the kicks in the chiptune part directly after that(The one that starts 08 and ends at 15.).

I think every song, no matter the genre, needs a slight build up to get you to sink in to the music.

Apart from that i really dont think you need to change anything.. i can imagine some people getting distracted from the large amounts of kicks during your wobble-breakdowns, but personally i think its pretty cool. :)

bump!

thanks for the comments guys. keep 'em coming :)

Thats not really what i meant, but i do love that 0:55 thing.. it completely destroyed dub for me. :lol:

But keep the first kick that comes after the reverse reverb and keep the ones in the break about 6-7sec in, but remove the kicks in the chiptune part directly after that(The one that starts 08 and ends at 15.).

I think every song, no matter the genre, needs a slight build up to get you to sink in to the music.

Apart from that i really dont think you need to change anything.. i can imagine some people getting distracted from the large amounts of kicks during your wobble-breakdowns, but personally i think its pretty cool. :)

thanks for the tips man, i'll see how it works if i'll change the kicks a bit.