Need something translated to swedish

Alec Walter Conway

Mother North's Lover
Jun 14, 2006
VINLAND (Montreal)
Okay, so I defretted my Ibanez SR405 and I was just totally blown away by the new sound of it. I honnestly think I've actually found MY OWN sound through this.

Now I think its time to name this bass, since I have very much made it unique. Her sound is both growly (because of the active pick ups and the elixir round wound strings) and sweet, in a very "distinguished" manner.

I want to name her with a swedish name. I was thinking about a name related to nature, thunder or such. I want only 1 word. The lenght doesn't really matter, just as long as its not really frickin long as I might end up writing that name on the body of the bass.

Any suggestions from our swedish speakers?

EDIT: I know Hedniskhjärtad means "pagan hearted". What would be the word for "Pagan Heart"?

Fimbulvinter is kinda of cool, but it wouldn't fit the instrument. If I were able to give her body a frosty white finish then it'd be totally awesome.

And while we're at that, might be easier to come up with a name if you guys actually see it.

I do like the idea of a name from the Norse mythology though. Thx for the insight Mantis!

IM001351.jpg

Alec Walter Conway said:
Fimbulvinter is kinda of cool, but it wouldn't fit the instrument. If I were able to give her body a frosty white finish then it'd be totally awesome.

And while we're at that, might be easier to come up with a name if you guys actually see it.

I do like the idea of a name from the Norse mythology though. Thx for the insight Mantis!

IM001351.jpg

No prob. Hmmm looking at her and her colour she gives me the idea of wood/forest...of something made from wood, if you like thunder as you stated maybe these name can go in the right direction: åskväder (thunderstorm) åskskräll (thunderclash) åskvrede (thunderwrath) or stormarnasraseri (fury of the storms) also fjällstorm (mountain storm) from an otyg's song sounds cool, at least as it is described by Mr. V as something very wrathful, devasting but also typical of north weather, and plus if you like the song it's better :headbang:

Not pokemons, not me lol

I think its a french series, I think. It was on TV when I was a kid. In french its called "Les Mystérieuses Cités d'Or". Could translate as The Mysterious Golden Cities. Its about 3 kids that go around the Maya/Inca/Aztec/Olmec world of the newly discovered americas, searching for cities made out of gold, said to be holding the powers of the Sun.

EDIT: and before you ask, the white bunch under Shrek is the Kubrick box set, the black spot next to Kubrick is the Alien quadrilogy, and to the left of the LOTR is a box set of Steve McQueen's movies. ;)

I really like the idea of a name related to thunderstorms, and suitingly, many words for this phenomenon are connected to norse mythology.

If you want something short, you could go with just Åska (thunder), which originally actually meant "journey of the aesir (gods)".

Or perhaps a more poetic and archaic synonym, Tordön, literally meaning "the thunder of Thor".

amf said:
I really like the idea of a name related to thunderstorms, and suitingly, many words for this phenomenon are connected to norse mythology.

If you want something short, you could go with just Åska (thunder), which originally actually meant "journey of the aesir (gods)".

Or perhaps a more poetic and archaic synonym, Tordön, literally meaning "the thunder of Thor".

I kinda like Tordön.

It'd also give me a reason to inlay a "hammer of Thor" shape on my headstock :D

Something like the shape B here
Vasara.jpg

I'd probably have my ex-girlfriend paint the name in a stylish calligraphy on the body, probably near the the junction of the top horn with the fretboard so my plucking hand wouldn't rub on it or hide it when I play. I'd just put some varathane varnish afterwards and it'd stay there, still shiny.:kickass:

EDIT: Might have spotted the calligraphy I want

Tordn.jpg