Need suggestion on how to split guitar signal...

xmortumx

Jun 17, 2008
So yeah guys I need a quick suggestion on how I can split the the guitar signal so that when recording guitar i can split the signal to go to 1)guitar amp and 2)for DI(Firepods instrument ins).

I primarily want to have DI for guitar tracks so that i can use amp sims along the real amp or incase bands i work with have shity amps (and use amp sim for guitar :zombie:

anyways whats the cheapest way to do this without loosing quality... I do have a crappy DI box which lets me do this but there some sort of HUM problem... and the DI doesn't sound as good so is there other cheap alternatives... or just invest in Good DI box?

What do you guys do?

I just use a DI box, like you said. Is there a ground lift on the DI box so you can see if the hum goes away?

Best bet is to pick up a decent DI box, though if you don't have the cash you could plug the guitar into your Firepod and then send the signal out to your amp from there.

Yup, A decent DI box. I used to use a behringer "Pro" DI and whatever it did it did not send out the same signal the the amp. I have a decent DI box now and It's flawless. One to the amp, other to DI. Its the best option, but don't skimp on the DI box

thanks guys.. Well yeah the DI box i have does have a ground switch.... but it makes no difference that HUM still there so I gave up on it. Cool Ima look into Countryman Type85.:headbang:

I've recently started reamping so I got a Radial ProDI, and it works great, you can even use it as a reamp in reverse (though I do have the ProRMP as well). I compared my DI tracks from the HI-Z in on my Presonus Digimax FS to the DI tracks from the Radial (through the Digimax pres) and the Radial was a clearly audible winner with both guitar and bass.

I have also heard a lot of raving about the Countryman, might be even better for reamping, some say it's best to use an active box for the recorded tracks. But don't try to use it in reverse as a reamp, only the passives work for that.

i know all those suggestions. i have passive stage line di-boxes, i have active BSS di-boxes, i have some effect boxes wich can split, i have a passive splitbox for the guitar, i tried a palmer, and i own a diezel amp wich has a "through" as well.
but i never get a looseless result. usualy i use the BSS to split in the studio, and the amp on stage, but i`d be intrested, if there is something where i dont loose energy or frequencies. i heard from some optical splitters. guess its something like a A/D/A interface. but guess its quite expensive and not worth it. anyone who tried or knows that?
any other ideas?