Need this song to be covered by an elite metal band !!

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Look at these old gray guys !! Then again, LISTEN to this song. This has to be one of the most eerie sounding songs ever recorded. I don't know that it can be topped. It HAS been covered..... the best I have heard was by some band called Bobaflex, but it still didn't compare.

Bryant

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the original. I'm afraid of a metal cover of it, special by a crappy band.

One funny thing about this song, is that I could put that video on ANY metal forum except maybe one with a huge majority of really young guys on an extreme metal sub-forum..... and get almost ALL positive feedback. Simon and Garfunkel is pretty far and away from being anything close to metal. The Sound of Silence, however, is one of the absolute few songs that ANY genre/sub-genre of music would love to claim as their own.

It could be metalized I suppose. Not really dying to hear this one with electric guitars though.

As wdiv said, Ryche already recorded Scarborough Fair, and IMO that's as good as that song will ever get.

Ask and you shall receive, I suppose. Just ran into this.........

Wouldn't call myself a "fan" of Disturbed, but there are several songs of them I like. After this, I have a new found DEEP respect for them. They kept the beautiful haunting melody intact of the original (minus the harmony vocals mind you) but still did it their own unique way. This is brilliant !!